1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Komplete 13 & Reaktor 6 - anything new?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by erickwalterbutler, Sep 28, 2020.

1. erickwalterbutler

erickwalterbutler NI Product Owner

Hi I was looking at the NI website and comparing old & new K12 vs K13 bundles, looks like nothing new for Reaktor in Komplete 13?

Not that it needs anything more :), but just wondering?

2. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Reaktor 6.4 allows User Blocks in Racks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seoman303

Seoman303 NI Product Owner

This feature is already included if you own reaktor 6.
    But this is nothing you will get additionally, if you buy komplete 13.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

AFAIK there's never anything totally new in Komplete - it's all stuff you've been able to buy separately beforehand.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philippe

Philippe NI Product Owner

Yes, as it always has been the case, IIRC

• Like Like x 1
  6. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. There are several new instruments which use the Reaktor engine, for example Super8 and Kontour and I can't help wonder how or if those can be used in projects of your own. But I assume you're specifically wondering about Reaktor, that's a different story of course.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Both are not new.
    I own Kontour but not K13. So Kontour isn't new. It was for R5 - my manual is six years old.
    The demo of Super 8 sounds like Rop Papen's Albino 3 what I own since years.
    But you can't order Albino 3. So it's interesting for people they miss that sound.

• Like Like x 1
  8. erickwalterbutler

Isn’t super 8 a standalone plug in? Like Massive X?

Nice, I have never used Rob Papen’s synths, I have heard a lot of sound demos though. Maybe will check some out in the future...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  10. erickwalterbutler

Oh cool so then super 8, although it was released before 13, is new for Reaktor assuming you didn’t already purchase it.

For some reason in this article they just say it’s a plug-in and forget to note it is a reaktor instrument.
    https://support.native-instruments....06355598-KOMPLETE-13-All-Products-Demystified

here’s some other helpful articles:
    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000856657-What-s-New-in-KOMPLETE-13-

https://support.native-instruments....ELECT-KOMPLETE-SELECT-and-KOMPLETE-SELECTION-

11. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

• Like Like x 2
  12. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Nobody is perfect. Myself like it to be not perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matt @ NI

Actually it was correct :)
    Super 8 will see an updated version this week. The new version works as a standalone plugin and not a Reaktor instrument anymore. Since the article is referring to Komplete 13 bundles, the version provided will be the new one. It should definitely be more clear somewhere though :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Seoman303

Seoman303 NI Product Owner

Just to be clear: the version provided by K13 is a standalone plugin and NOT the Reaktor Ensemble? (I forgot about this instrument in my previous post.)

15. Matt @ NI

Exactly - I think more information will be shared on Thursday. I'll post back here when it's online.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Russellmus

Russellmus NI Product Owner

Standalone Super 8? Happy! :D

Also, do we know what time K13 will go live? Midnight Germany time or? I can't remember from previous launches.

17. Matt @ NI

It won't be at midnight but in the morning (Berlin time). We can't be sleeping when releasing a Komplete bundle ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

So I guess the good news (for me) is that when I wake up tomorrow I can expect my new shiny toys to be available for download. The bad news is that it seems I'll have to wait a whole night first! :eek:

I got the whole day to myself tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to the experience. Hope all goes well for you guys!

19. Matt @ NI

Depends what time you wake up I guess :D

20. ehdyn

ehdyn NI Product Owner

Matt : Is it the case that a lot of Reaktor related content has disappeared from the NI site or am I imagining things.. I wanted to go back and catch up on some stuff I missed at the time and cant seem to find a bunch of articles/interviews I remember seeing at one point.