KOMPLETE 13

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CHRIS HUME, Sep 1, 2020.

1. CHRIS HUME

CHRIS HUME NI Product Owner

Considering the situation with NI at present and the moves being made with the business, I am curious to wonder why NI don't consider some
    pro-rata upgrade pricing when launching this valuable new product. I like many NI customers of old have almost religiously filled the coffers of NI with many new additions to my personal collection as they are released . So when it comes to this massive launch of a vibrant new version, I become dismayed to see what I actually "upgrade" to when purchasing the newest version. You know from our accounts what we have added on since the last upgrade purchase of komplete 12 that we made , so its hardly a bargain to find my upgrade for £169 pounds includes 5 or 6 programmes that I have already purchased over the last few months/years.
    Why not price the upgrade according to what you have already purchased and own - Im sure you would in turn reach better sales and profit margins, not to say show some loyalty to those who have long supported what is an excellent product and company - and i say this despite komplete kontrol never having worked on my PC with ableton live 10 - and your techno gurus not being able to fix it !!!!

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. LX World

LX World NI Product Owner

Agree - having had a brief look there isn't a great deal to tempt me either. And a shame they still haven't come up with a Pro53 activation solution, or even the Pro54 or whatever

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wiseguy2006

Wiseguy2006 New Member

Agreed. I purchased Komplete Ultimate Kollectors Edition at the end of June - only two months and chance ago and now 13 has been announced. Since then I have purchased more than half of what has been added to the new Kollectors edition. NI clearly can see what we have purchased but this way of pricing gives more value to those who have not been loyal customers - rather than pro-rating based on the products you have purchased as you stated in the above post. It’s disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whagi

Whagi NI Product Owner

Not worth me upgrading this time at all. Sorry, I'm out. Especially at £339.99 update price. Very disappointed.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

I personally think it’s an excellent value and I own Komplete 12 UCE and a bunch of the other stuff that’s included. For $500 USD I would get:

All the remaining Maschine expansions I lack (about 10)
    All the Massive X expansions
    Straylight
    Pharlight
    Mysteria
    Noir
    Stradivari Violin and all the new companion instruments
    Butch Vig Drums

Also, bear in mind you can always sell your extra licenses for the included products you’ve previously bought separately. You’ll take a loss, but it does help reduce the overall cost of the bundle upgrade.

To me personally, this is worth the roughly $300 USD I’d spend after selling licenses etc.

6. Jerrycakes

Jerrycakes New Member

I'm in the same position as Wiseguy2006. I bought Komplete at the start of July - so two months ago. Will NI do the same as other software companies and offer free upgrades if purchased within the last six months? If I'd known I would have held off a coupke of months..

• Like Like x 3
  7. GriffGroff

GriffGroff NI Product Owner

I too am pretty disappointed to say the least. I already own enough of the "new" stuff (Pharlight ,StrayLight, all the MassiveX expansions and Maschine expansions and some of the instruments) for it to not be worth anything like the £419 upgrade from 12UCE to 13UCE. Mind you, I knew I should never have bought anything outside of Komplete as this happens every time...(sadly) I never learn :D

What would be nice (and good customer service for long term customers) if the upgrade price also took into account the extra stuff you DID already own (a rebate if you will)..pretty much echoing the sentiment from Chris Hume. I'll skip this time though!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jamison__

Jamison__ NI Product Owner

I currently have a version of something (Select, I think - came with Maschine) that entitles me to an upgrade to Komplete 13 for $200 off either standard or ultimate.

can someone let me know what the upgrade pricing is if you have standard or ultimate in your paid licenses?

thanks.

9. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

The upgrade price for me ($650 CAD for K12UCE → K13UCE) is way too high for what I’ll get out of it. I mostly wanted Super 8 and the newer expansions, and have no use for any of the new orchestral and cinematic stuff (and most of the new content falls into those categories).

Pass. I’ll either wait for the next summer sale and get the upgrade for 50%, or just hold out till K14.

10. GriffGroff

GriffGroff NI Product Owner

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/my-komplete-offers/
    just login and it will give you the prices based on what you already own

As to other upgrade pricing - just go to the version you are interested in and click "buy now" then you can change the dropdown to see the upgrade prices etc depending on the version you are coming from - hth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LX World

We need also need a comparison list comparing our current version vs the new version so we can see exactly what we are paying for with the update instead of trying to work it out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LX World

It's just the standard update price from whatever version you are currently on. It is not tailored. I think what people are saying is that if for example they have recently bought Butch VIg Drums outside of the bundle they are not paying for it twice!

• Like Like x 2
  13. birdinlay

birdinlay NI Product Owner

I’m in the same boat. I just purchased Komplete 12 a few weeks ago, and now there’s already an update. I would’ve waited and done this preorder. Now it’s wanting another $200??? No thanks. I’m not thrilled with this customer service.

14. laszlozoltan

laszlozoltan NI Product Owner

I can wait to upgrade...however my main concern is compatibility with W7. I realize it is no longer officially supported by M$, which makes it harder for developers- but as everything I have works with W7 and reading continual community posts of regret of updates resulting in non-function/crashes with W10- I like my ancient world of headache-free functionality. It would be nice of NI to test out K13 on a W7 system and provide a compatibility page or sticky a running thread so members like myself can make informed decisions and perhaps report on their experience/fixes.
    Thank you

15. Willowman71

Willowman71 New Member

Hello first post here. Been lurking for a couple of years.

I have Komplete 12 Select and NI offers me to upgrade to 13 for $99. But I don’t get anything for it. 12 Select seams to be exactly the same as 13. Or did I miss something..?

And not even one of the new ones is included... I don’t know about this...

16. Wiseguy2006

Wiseguy2006 New Member

I agree with the above - most other companies make a larger exception for people who have purchased within six months of an upgraded release. Hopefully NI is talking about this.....

17. Jamison__

Very helpful. Thank you.

18. victorp.sg

victorp.sg NI Product Owner

Actually, if you do a little research, you will come across this google spreadsheet “Native Instruments Komplete Version Comparison” at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FuwkqEc7CqMwjRVjgcy2KhJlkVl3jTT3Ze1RsVFvzC4/htmlview#gid=0
    From the spreadsheet, I gather that Komplete 13 will most probably be released in October 2020 which turns out to be correct. Also, Komplete Ultimate Collector’s Edition usually includes every Komplete instruments, plugins, libraries and expansions that are currently available from its release date, so unless you need the new stuff badly, wait for the next release.

19. Jamison__

Yeah, they announced that 13 is coming out on 10-1.

Any idea what the "n" "o" and "x" mean on the second tab?

n - new
    x - gone
    o - still there?

20. Soft Enerji

Soft Enerji NI Product Owner

I'm totally annoyed with this. I upgraded to to 12 Ultimate in June from Komplete and bought the Pharlight and Straylight bundle in May. That's a total of AU$898. Now My upgrade price is is another AU$599. I'f I'd known that the Pharlight and Straylight bundle would be included in 13 I would have waited. I should at least have some kind of pro-rata price based on that bundle. I'll be sticking with 12!