1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Komplete 8 Ultimate

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by JamieOverton, Jul 26, 2011.

1. JamieOverton

JamieOverton Forum Member

From what I gather Reaktor 6 isn't going to be in Komplete 8? From what I've seen on the kvraudio.com forums is the lack of information on these forums about the new bundled software. Has Electronic Musician jumped the gun or what! I'm definitely not interested in any hard drive version of Komplete.

Jamie

2. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner

it seems unlikely to me that reaktor 6 is going to come out anytime in 2011. they are still working on 5.61 after all. i'd be surprised if they're even working on r6, other than laying the groundwork by basically rewriting r5.

i'm quite interested in what the cost to upgrade to ultimate will be. & 50 products! wowzers.

3. JamieOverton

JamieOverton Forum Member

$999 seems a lot for a product that gets updated every year, even if it comes with a HD. Wow!

Jamie

4. Airyck

Airyck NI Product Owner

But the upgrade from ultimate 8 to ultimate 9 might be quite a bit cheaper :|

5. chrys

chrys NI Product Owner

Don't think too deeply on this, just open your wallet and pour it's contents into NI's hands.

That seems to be their official marketing strategy.

6. Aaron1018

Aaron1018 New Member

What are the sources of all these K8 speculations? I would believe NOTHING unless it comes from NI.

7. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

it is kind of interesting in that the Kore and Reaktor Forums are wondering if all this is true, whereas the Maschine Forum users are taking this as read.

anyway, Keir @ NI posted somewhere saying that there would be news on the NI site next week.

sowari

8. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

Saw this over at KVR

Attached Files:

9. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Haha, that picture is a laugh riot!

By the way, I don't want somebody's hard drive in my DAW. I select all my own hardware for my DAW systems, so I want a no-hard drive option. There would need to be what...12 Dual-Layer DVD's for Ultimate, if it is as big as noted on the vaporware boxes? No problem here.

Puh-lease! Kore owners have been burned. Doubt and mistrust should not be a surprise; it should be expected for years to come.

I can't speak for Reaktor mistrust, except to say that I'll bet a lot of them are also Kore owners.

Retrust takes a long time. Sometimes years. It's a fact of life and I think people should accept this and not be so surprised.

10. NunoF

NunoF Forum Member

And who's stopping you from using your own hard drive?

11. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Ultimate supposedly comes with a hard drive.

Sure, I could use my own hard drive, but then I've paid for a hard drive that I don't use, and I have to figure out how to store the "original media" hard drive with its temperature and humidity sensitivity in a way different than all my other original media (DVD and CD), which have no such issues.

That is a waste of money and resources.

I think mine is a reasonable request. So once again, I would prefer a no hard drive option. I didn't ask for it on stone tablet or on paper scrolls.

12. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner

240 gb of samples on dvd is actually kinda a crazy request imho. it was bad enough when it was 7 dvds, this would be more like 20.

13. arachnaut

And there have been issues with a bad DVD here and there in Komplete 7 postings recently.

I'm worried that my original DVDs may go bad, so when I upgrade to a new PC and have to install again, I'll be in a jam.

14. Ronny Bangsund

Ronny Bangsund NI Product Owner

Komplete 7 is already 12 DVDs. Which I extracted to hard drive before installing. I dunno if Komplete 8 Ultimate will be the installation media or work as the source for the data, but in the latter case you could still move the libraries where you want them.

15. arachnaut

I just bought Maschine and copied the installation to the hard drive - but it would not install even if I put the DVD in the drive.

Maybe if made and ISO image and saved that it would work.

I saved the Service Center update and re-installed from that, but it refused saying I had to have an earlier installation.

16. theoryzero

theoryzero NI Product Owner

Reaktor is my least understood instrument in the Komplete suite...that makes me ashamed to admit Reaktor 4 is what led me to NI many years ago. I've only used some of the included instruments and haven't taken the time to really understand it's inner workings. So, I can't really say what I would want to see in Reaktor 6.

That said, Reaktor 5.5 was Reaktor 6 to me for all intents and purposes, when you compare it to Reaktor 5.1.x!

17. Ronny Bangsund

Ronny Bangsund NI Product Owner

Saving as plain ISOs or DMGs is the easiest way, especially on Mac, where all you need is included in the OS.

I dunno what more I could ask for in Reaktor either. I think I'd be happy with an extensive tutorial, that's all. It sometimes seems a bit like building with Lego blindfolded :)

18. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

After a second look, the disk drive in the pictures does appear to be an external type of device, maybe USB. This would possibly support the thinking that it's just the installer media and not really the runtime media.

I would be fine with that.

I would also be okay with it if I could always have the ability to install "only" the K8 programs and VSTi's. That way I could reuse my library or restore it from a backup in the event that the original hard drive media, with all its moving parts, were to go bad. I suppose that original media could be an SSD...it doesn't really say on the box images that we've seen thus far.

But I still make copies of my download installers because hard drives fail much more often than DVDs, assuming that the DVD worked when you first bought it and that you have given it a minimal amount of care and don't subject it to direct sunlight or other direct heat or UV sources.

So even if it comes on a hard drive or SSD, I would likely still end up making an emergency copy of it on optical drive, or I would have to dedicate another hard drive to K8 for archival purposes.

I still think DVDs are less expensive to manufacture, and therefore would result in a lower cost to me, the customer. And, it bothers me to buy ANY hardware from NI after the recent Kore debacle. Yes, even if it's a hard drive.

19. mjames4208

mjames4208 NI Product Owner

20. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

More leaks. Thank you for the link, but if I weren't concerned about breaking my Kore, I might actually be excited and enthusiastic. But right now I'm just worried.