1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Komplete 8 Ultimate

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by JamieOverton, Jul 26, 2011.

1. NunoF

NunoF Forum Member

Which seems to be the case with all software/sample libraries that are shipped in hard drives.

I prefer the hard drive to the DVD's anyway. It will be quicker because you don't have to keep swapping DVD's and you should be able to leave the installation unattended.

2. colystuart

colystuart Forum Member

i got a preorder mail from Intaaudio on Komplete 8.
    Dosent seem to include Razor.Was holding off buying Razor untill Komplete 8.
    Can anyone confirm this.
    ANd then ill just buy Razor on its own.

3. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

please wait for details on the NI Website. this might happen this week.

sowari

4. JPaul23

JPaul23 NI Product Owner

5. Spip

Spip NI Product Owner

6. JPaul23

JPaul23 NI Product Owner

mm, are you only allowed one link per post or what ?

7. dsic

dsic NI Product Owner

only 3 new products in the Komplete Standard edition then over what's already in Komplete 7 :(

8. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

yep, it sure does look like NI's pricing model is going to be $500 for upgrades and a grand for new customers.

9. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It was like that in Kontakt 2 times, too...

10. Teemeister

Teemeister Forum Member

K8 Ultimate is definitely out of my current budget range. I'm wondering whether it'll be possible to upgrade from K8 to K8U because right now the ~$500 K8 is the goodie-box of my choice (I'm new to Komplete & NI software). According to the (unofficial) comparison chart the regular K8 is a well-rounded package and it comes with a couple of interesting new additions - I'm hoping "Retro Machines MK2" is based on very high quality samples as I might use that a lot; "Transient Master" could be a very handy tool.
    I would be tempted to get my hands on the K8U because of the "Evolve Mutations" package (aaw too bad this isn't part of K8...), the vintage comp's and possibly the new SOLID plugins - but for now this is daydreaming ;)

11. Spip

Spip NI Product Owner

After deeper reading, I find that K8 "light" is more or less only updates of Kontakt and Guitar Rig. Around 200€ for 2 updates : seems to me a little bit high… :S

12. Teemeister

Teemeister Forum Member

depends: If you have zero use for Studio Drums, Transient Master, Retro Machines and the West Africa instrument then yes. Otherwise the upgrade seems worth 200 Euros.

13. MATAKAO

MATAKAO NI Product Owner

Totally Agreed with you ! this K5 is just K4 with new steroids filters that's all.
    Very boring.
    No interest, personally. no revolution. Waiting for 2012, better year maybe ?
    Regards.
    M

14. Spip

Spip NI Product Owner

For studio drums : I have Maschine, not the same thing but could do the trick…
    Transient master : I have the Sonnox bundle…
    Retro Machines : I've just bought DCAM synth squad, one month ago and, at the moment, I don't see what could be better…
    And for West Africa percussions, I play them for real…:lol:

So…;)

I have just seen that NI has done the official annoucement, let's see closer…

15. Ronny Bangsund

Ronny Bangsund NI Product Owner

Yes, I just checked the product page for that. So K8 for cheap, then picking up an Ultimate upgrade would be possible. 499€ for the upgrade in my region.

16. EvilDragon

u-he stuff ;)

17. MATAKAO

MATAKAO NI Product Owner

U-He software + 10000000
    are very good products...
    Cheers !

18. Spip

Spip NI Product Owner

:eek: :p

OT: May I ask you a silly question ? Is your signature what you have or what you've done ?

19. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

maybe you need to read your news letter?

In a further major expansion of its unrivaled sound shaping capabilities, KONTAKT 5 introduces a completely new suite of high-quality filters, developed by the creative mastermind behind the acclaimed MASSIVE synthesizer. Ranging from classic analog-style ladder and state-variable models to modern formant filters, some of the 37 new filters also employ the unique new "Adaptive Resonance" concept, which automatically manages the filter characteristics to prevent unpleasant sonic artifacts from excessive resonance peaks. At the same time, the superior new "TimeMachine Pro" time-stretching algorithm in KONTAKT 5 enables unprecedented sound quality for harmonic solo instruments and similar demanding source material.

The comprehensive effect assortment in KONTAKT has been extended with several key additions that focus on studio-style sound processing. The new "Solid G-EQ" and "Solid Bus Comp" algorithms – derived from the upcoming SOLID MIX SERIES – enable studio-grade equalization and compression, while the separately available TRANSIENT DESIGNER has been integrated into the effect arsenal of KONTAKT in its original form. Additionally, a new analog-modeled Tape Saturator can add natural compression and subtle organic overdrive, while the acclaimed vintage sampling modes from Native Instruments' groove-production system MASCHINE have been integrated into the feature set of KONTAKT 5 as well to provide additional flavors of charismatic "vintage dirt".

For ambitious sound designers and professional sample instrument creators, KONTAKT 5 introduces both a powerful new "instrument bus" system as well as KSP-based MIDI file support. While the 16 internal stereo busses with their separate insert chains open up greatly increased routing flexibility, the MIDI file functions in the Kontakt Script Processor enable the creation of advanced types of KONTAKT-based instruments with versatile integrated MIDI playback features, as demonstrated in the upcoming separate KONTAKT-based STUDIO DRUMMER instrument.

On top of its acclaimed 43 GB factory library with its eight separate instrument collections, KONTAKT 5 also includes a free download of the new KONTAKT-based RETRO MACHINES MK2 instrument, which offers an assortment of highly sought-after classic synthesizers complete with vintage-style arpeggiator and chord player, and also takes advantage of the new analog-type filter models.

sowari

20. EvilDragon

Those are the libraries that I have scripted for. :)
    ---

OK. Where's UI revamp (a dire request from many, and also my wish too)? 3x2 filter bugfix? Ring modulation and FM between groups, or an oscillator? Surround Modeler speaker positioning controls available to KSP? Being able to change the sampler mode via KSP, reverse a group, set HQI mode, set envelope/LFO retrigger mode via KSP?

Not to mention a myriad of smaller bugs I've noticed over my developing adventures with Kontakt. Also, why doesn't NI list a changelog like a LOT of other vendors? I would be interested to see which bugs were fixed, for one.

Color me uninterested if 3x2 filter wasn't fixed. That one is really important for the things I do with Hollow Sun.

"K5" feels more like K4.5.