1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Komplete 8 Ultimate

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by JamieOverton, Jul 26, 2011.

1. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

i have not idea... those questions would be good on the Kontakt Forum ;)

sowari

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

And some of those were asked there.

I just wanted to say that from the first look of things, this update is not worth to me with only these updates, unless 3x2 filter is fixed. I won't update until it's confirmed as fixed.

3. Spip

Spip NI Product Owner

Congratulations !
    ---

I totally agree. The gap between the two versions is roughly the same that was between the two last versions of Reaktor. From my point of view, if you already have some fx plug-ins bundle or you're simply happy with those in your DAW and I suppose that's the case of a fair amount of us, the only reason to upgrade Komplete is the update of Kontakt… So, what are we able to think of this "update-made-upgrade" ? That it was on purpose ? NI is usually more respectful for their customers…:p

4. chrys

chrys NI Product Owner

This is the joke of the day!

5. sowari

fwiw, the Guitar Rig upgrade is very exciting for me.

actually i am pretty excited about Kontakt as well.... but then i have not been a long time Kontakt user.

sowari

6. Spip

Spip NI Product Owner

From what I've seen (maybe too quickly), the two major improvements are a few amp models and the ability to do side-chain compression. Am I wrong ?

And from my experience, I find Guitar Rig a little more CPU hungry to be used extensively as a common fx. I used it either with guitars, of course, or when I need some special or more creative fx.

7. sowari

the vintage compressors are fantastic. there are new EQs. GR 4 also has a 'container' where you can map a single knob to multiple destinations.

whether it is CPU heavy or not, Guitar Rig is becoming the ideal tool for creative effects because of the modulation possibilities.

sowari

8. MATAKAO

MATAKAO NI Product Owner

Exactly ! And to compare a Reaktor 5.5 was more powerful (+GUI changes)
    that this Kontakt 5. I like to compose with kontakt a lot for my kino concerts gigs... But I say just that there is nothing of really fresh, exept maybe the filter. But seriously, there are already a lot of very good plugins for make that and the sound is the same.
    I don't understant the N.I strategy developpment often... Kore's dead was stupid !
    Maybe there are best things to do in Kontakt... And I'm not alone: waiting for Reaktor 6 : the dude ! Seeya

9. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

I really enjoy the Music Laboratory Maschine series - just got Techtron.

10. Auxend

Auxend New Member

For those wondering about the HD for Ultimate 8 is merely a usb2 install disk, nothing more..you can't run off it (not that you would want to at usb2)

technically you *could* format it but you would lose your install software..think of it as a HD replacement for the DVD's, nothing more really.

I just had a pretty painless install of U8 in < 2 hours

11. colystuart

colystuart Forum Member

How brilliant wuld it have been,to have either absynth 6,massive 2, a new FM,OR Reaktor 6 in the New Komplete.