1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Komplete Audio 6 + Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by djquartz, May 2, 2011.

1. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Has anyone got their hands on one of these yet?

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

yes, i have one.

i like it. it is flexible, sounds great and fits very nicely into my Maschine bag when i do gigs.

sowari

3. djquartz

Nice that's a good start. I was wondering about the size of it. I wanted to be able to throw it in my headliner bag like I used to do with my Audio 8.

I'm going to be touring soon again and I wanted to have a portable solution but couldn't make up my mind on an interface.

The only thing I would have really liked on this is a phono input channel for sampling off a turntable but I can always use a pre-amp.

4. sowari

if you want a phono alternative, then the NI Traktor Audio 6 - also just released -is a good alternative and is even smaller than the KA6.

sowari

5. djquartz

The TA6 won't work for me because it lacks microphone inputs which is important.

I will just have to get a turntable that has line out as an alternative which will work fine.

I could even using the spdif as well.

6. hiphopblues

hiphopblues Forum Member

Looks like it has rca inputs, you can't use this to sample off a turntable? From looking at it, I assumed you could.

Hiphopblues

7. mattsg27

mattsg27 NI Product Owner

those are SPDIF, not rca.

After being accustomed to the AK1 for the past 5 years, I can honestly say that this soudcard is a big improvement in terms of sound quality... and the knob on top actually controls volume! ; )

8. saintjoe

saintjoe NI Product Owner

sound quality and build quality is nice, could use more routing/mixing options to compete with other devices in the same price range, especially when being pushed as a perfect tool to use with Maschine

also it doesn't work with usb 3.0 ports.... ;)

9. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

yep I have one here as well. I love the build quality and sound of it. but I absolutely wish for more routing options. (did someone say loop back routing?) as for the TA-6 I love that lil guy too. are you not using a dj mixer at all? most come with a mic input on the dj mixer.... just a thought.

10. saintjoe

loopback...what is that? lol ahahaha

that would seal the deal man...hope to see it in a software update :)

11. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

oh and p.s. the latency is much lower with it than any of my m-audio interfaces. :)

12. djquartz

No DJ mixer, this will be purely a stand alone setup.

13. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

Soundwise is it a big improvement on the AK1?

14. saintjoe

I never owned the ak1 so I can't say personally.

15. sowari

the Traktor Audio 10 has a Mic input.

sowari

16. CilentCipha

CilentCipha NI Product Owner

I also bought a KA6, built and sound quality is nice but the for the prize I'm also missing lots of routing options, e.g. Sending Inputs 3/4 to the main out, loopback and so on. I don't know of I keep it. You can get more features on other devices...

17. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

I think I knew that but forgot lol.

18. saintjoe

agreed, routing is lacking.

19. K Jovan

K Jovan NI Product Owner

can the komplete 6 audio interface be used with the maschine and traktor s4 together ?

20. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

well the s4 has it's own sound card. and I'm not really up on how pc's deal with audio but on a mac yes you can. i use my traktor interface along side my komplete interface with no problems at all.