1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Bug Komplete Audio Mk2 Driver Issue (KH1097-254)

Discussion in 'NI Audio Interfaces' started by dor.re, Nov 25, 2019.

1. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

- - -
    UPDATING POST WITH THE ISSUE OF CRACKLING / DISTORTION / BITCRUSHING:
    after a few hours of using the laptop, and i think especially after waking up from sleep that it starts to randomly happen, the audio from the interface starts to bitcrush / drop sample rate: (beware its loud and horrible lol)

the issue can be temporarily solved by changing the buffer size, or by restarting the 'audiosrv' and 'AudioEndpointBuilder' services - but it will come back until i restart the laptop.
    - - -

Hey,
    So i just got my Komplete Audio 6 mk2 and i have this issue where when i load a project in my DAW while i listen to music or play audio from anywhere else out side my DAW - i get tons of dropouts and stutters, seems like the driver is getting overloaded or some sort of a temporary deadlock.
    this seem to be fixed after playing around with changing the buffer size or just giving it a minute till it goes back to normal, note that i also have the older komplete audio 6 and this never happened there.
    anyway heres a video of me playin music -> opening a project -> dropouts starts -> driver completely 100% overloaded until i change buffer sizes a few times:

notes:
    1) the CPU percentage in this specific project normally lays around 80% since its a mastering session - therefore the generally high CPU usage becuase plugins like ozone etc..., but it is not an issue, the issue is only when the CPU is at 100%+ in the beginning, this also happens at normal projects where my cpu usage is lower, it starts at a 100%+ and then goes back to normal
    2) once the project is finished loading and cpu goes back to normal - i can normally play audio outside the DAW again, so its a temporary issue happening only when loading a project (btw this also happens for a short period of time when opening a plugin in a session)

information on my system:
    - Dell XPS 15 7590, Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909
    - FL Studio 20.6
    - Updated Komplete Audio 6 Mk2 Firmware from 0.2.2 to 0.2.4 and now to 0.3.5
    - Komplete Audio 6 Mk2 Driver Version 4.59.0 and now to 4.82
    - OS Sample Rate: 24bit 48Khz
    - DAW Sample Rate: 24bit 48Khz

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

can someone from the support team kindly assist a customer?.... please
    [​IMG]

it seems like one core is being maxed out when this happens, dont know if thats a thing that can help to detect the issue

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  3. Jahbadger

Jahbadger New Member

I have the exact same issue and it is incredibly frustrating, support please help us with this, I cant do audio production if the audio gets messed up and distorted every few minutes!!!!

4. Blindeddie

Blindeddie Well-Known Member

5. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

i been in contact with support since december of last year, just spoke to them last week about it, they say they are working on it.... they sure do take their time with this....
    maybe they need to hire real professionals to build their drivers because a fix for something this critical should have been made within a month MAXIMUM, like, seriously - can you imagine RME or a serious company allowing this to happen for MONTHS for their users? i dont think so.
    the current new driver is basically the same driver from OVER a year ago, the last driver released just added split stereo or something, which i believe to be just a feature update from the company that they license the driver from (Theyscon Software) - which mean no work has been actually done for us the end user OVER A YEAR (last driver before the current one was march 2019)

Im probably just going to buy another interface from RME or SPL Crimson at this point, cant have my clients see me work on buggy equipment

• Like Like x 1
  6. Syd0w

Syd0w New Member

I purchased my Komplete Audio 6 mkII two weeks ago. The exact same crackling issue started appearing a few days ago and happens several times a day now. I am thinking of sending it back to my supplier for refund. I cannot afford a to work with an unstable audio interface !

7. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

i recommend you try to return it, if hopefully your local dealer will do that for you,
    the interface drivers are just flawed and nobody should use or buy this interface at the moment

8. Rocky_Racoon

Rocky_Racoon New Member

Same issue here, tried everything to sort it, I have had to go buy another interface (Steinburg URC44), this has run perfectly
    for weeks. I do not know what to do with the Komplete unit, it is sitting back in it's box.

It seems to me the breakdown starts once the unit warms up suggesting a component failure.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  9. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

yea its really unacceptable how they havent fixed this yet, its a VERY major issue, at first i thought it was only on my end but now im seeing more and more people experience this issue - unbelievable.
    they should hire more/better driver developers or build their own drivers instead of licensing it from THEYSCON Software, this hasnt been fixed for over a whole year, so either:
    1) their dev team dont know how to solve it
    2) its unsolvable

can you imagine how RME or any actually serious company would react if they had such a critical issue? i bet they would fix it within a month or two.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  10. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey guys,

Sorry for not jumping on this thread earlier.
    Please keep in mind that this forum is not an official channel for support and so we are not always able to answer to everything.

Our team is still trying to get to the bottom of this and from the reports we could gather so far, it doesn't seem like everyone is experiencing issues for the same reason. We have been able to help some users and are still investigating some others. If you have an open case with our team, please give us a bit more time so we can share more information.

I'll report back on it as soon as I heard more from the team responsible.

Thank you!

11. Rocky_Racoon

Rocky_Racoon New Member

Hey Matt

It's good to know someone is having a look at this, I really liked the MKII while it operated..

12. Clément GUITREAU

Clément GUITREAU New Member

Hi everyone !

I've just received my Komplete audio 6 MKII and I was sooooo happy to test it ! And....same kind of issues that you all have...:(
    I use Ableton LIVE 10 for PC running with W10 with this configuration :
    - core i5 7200U
    - RAM = 12Go
    - audio driver ASIO v 4.82.0
    - the last MKII firmware received by mail yesterday (dont' remember the version).

I run projects on LIVE with this audio configuration :
    - sample rate = 44100Hz
    - buffer size = 512 => lots of cracklings and CPU charges over 60%
    = 1024 => several cracklings and CPU charges over 50%
    = 2048 => few cracklings and CPU charges over 50%...and obviously, a very high latency...no way to record anything !

I made a test with my old M-Audio Fast Track Pro (while latest ASIO audio driver isn't supposed to fit W10 !) and the exact same audio configuration and running the exact same project : with a buffer size of 512, I can't hear a single cracking and the CPU charges under 40% => the issues truely comes from the MKII....sic....
    The Komplete audio 6 is supposed to be faster and reduce latency...it's very disappointing for the Audio 6 MKII seems so nice !

I've asked for en exchange for the same interface (that I really want to use !)... fingers crossed !

If any of you have found a way to solve it : I'm listening ! ;)

Thanks !

13. Nathan V

Nathan V New Member

I made an account after running into this exact same issue. It's extremely frustrating since I use this device for live performance.

I did not have this issue with a different Windows 10 PC but on my desktop it happens often and it doesn't seem to matter if it's set to 44.1 or all the way up to 192.

14. Jahbadger

Jahbadger New Member

I love NI and everything they make, but this is just incredibly disappointing. I'm returing my interface and buying from a different manufacturer. Hopefully they can resolve this soon as not to loose more customers in the future to a stupid software issue.

15. HAYDNversusALIEN

HAYDNversusALIEN New Member

I'm doing the same. I thought the problems would stop when I disabled USB selective suspend on Windows. I got no dropouts for like a few hours. I thought I beat it, but it came back next day, along with the bit crushing noise. And now we are not going to get any help from NI soon beside the forums so I'm done. Going to return it and get a different interface. Can't create music with so many interruptions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nathan V

Nathan V New Member

I had to order another interface for my live broadcasts and won't be able to recommend the KA series to others until/unless this is fixed. Really disappointing since I have been happy with the interface otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

its really a shame NI didnt do better testing of the unit and the drivers on Windows 10...

i ditched the Komplete Audio 6 MK 2 this week and got myself the SPL Crimson 3 and i couldn't be happier, drivers are significantly better and no issues at all. supreme build quality as well

Try to return your KA6 unit to your local dealer if they allow that, if not just ditch the interface for another one, and check for new drivers maybe in 6 months or a year, remind you the last driver before the current one was from MARCH 2019 (and the recent driver just adds split stereo, didnt fix anything) so they sure do take their time to fix such a serious issue..

18. Clifton Dunlap

Clifton Dunlap New Member

I Just recently purchased the Komplete audio 6 Interface from a local pawn shop and I bought with such i hopes of finding something i can afford that was good quality. I paid 100 bucks. I use fl studios and was hoping to be able to record some vocals but No. Nothing but robotic static. the mic is brand new and its a nw 700 to be specific. I installed every driver i could find on this device to insure its compatibility and still nothing. fl studios loads up with a ( couldnt create mainstream sound buffer error message ) any ideas on what i can do i was just thinking about going to the scarlett any Ideas on how to fix these issues? Also i cant register my device because i bought it from a pawn shop is there any way to by pass that and register the device?

19. omegatron

omegatron NI Product Owner

I started getting the dreaded bit crush a few days back, wasn't very pleased to say the least, I had my interface plugged in via a 60 watt pluggable usb3 hub along with a maschine studio, maschine jam and an ext. HDD, tried isolating the problem with latency Mon but drew a blank, so I unplugged everything and tried a reconfigure, and put the interface on its own usb3 port, it was better but still bit crushing occasionally with an accompanying CPU spike, finally I put the interface onto usb2 port and lowered the buffer to 128 samples and the problem seems to be gone for now, will report back if it changes but if it continues I'll probably just sell it and get something else..
    Edit: seems really hit and miss, the problem still rears its head sporadically, don't really know what else I can do I've followed every step of optimization for audio processing in windows, updated drivers,disabled others.. I think I'll just write it off..

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  20. dor.re

dor.re NI Product Owner

its just unbelievable that they are not fixing this, this is some lawsuit **** right here man... the product is half damaged out of the box with these drivers, im telling everyone i can - NOT to buy this interface.
    absolutely horrible, i thought Native Instruments were better than this but guess i was wrong, thankfully i had the extra cash to move to an SPL Crimson 3 and havent looked back ever since, i feel sorry for the people who bought this interface and now stuck with a malfunctioning interface right out of the box...