Komplete Elements 8 Update?

Discussion in 'Sales Questions (Archive)' started by dj_dunno, Sep 1, 2011.

1. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Does anyone know if there will be an upgrade for Komplete Elements? Can't see any mention of any upgrade on the NI site. Would the "upgrade" just be a case of downloading the free Komplete 8 Players and getting no new content, or am I just talking absolute sh*t and this is the most useless forum post I've made so far? (That's actually kinda an achievement for me ;))

Any help would be appreciated!

2. justcharlie

justcharlie NI Product Owner

I came in here to post this exactly same question. I just got a Maschine and installed Komplete Elements that came with it, and then registered it online.

Here's the weird thing though, I just got an email from Native Instruments that says:

"As a KOMPLETE owner, you can choose from two compelling offers: Update to the latest version of KOMPLETE, with four dramatic new products and groundbreaking flagship enhancements for $229 / 199 €."

If that's true, I will go ahead and upgrade right now.

3. feTzu

feTzu New Member

I got the same e-mail and I'd love to get confirmation from someone working at NI on this.

On the one hand the e-mail you sent out says the upgrade costs "$229 / 199 €" and on the other hand the product page states "369,00 €" for MASCHINE owners.. Now, which is it?

4. lutefish

lutefish New Member

I, too, would love to know, though my Komplete Elements came with the Komplete Audio 6, rather than Maschine. I've seen this question asked a few times in the past, and the answer, consistently, has been "there's no upgrade path from Komplete Elements." Which doesn't stop me from hoping that things are different this time... NI?

5. justcharlie

I must say I feel a bit entitled to it since I received the "You can upgrade for $229" email from NI.

Does anyone at NI read this, by chance?

6. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Yeah same here, just got a Maschine and Komplete Elements, but I didn't get any upgrade offers what so ever, just the regular In Stores Now email so if I wanted to upgrade then I'd be looking at 369,00€. This is interesting! Looks like NI have made a bit of a mistake. Did any of you try and update to Komplete for $229 / 199 € and if so, did it work?

As for the original question, there are no updates for Komplete Elements to newer versions cause there is nothing indicated in the Pricing section.

7. syncr

syncr New Member

Bump. Also received the email. This is an easy one NI. Yes or no?

8. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Damn, why didn't I get the offer then? If you guys end up getting Komplete 8 for $229 I think I might have to start naggin NI for the same deal! I do get that feeling that if you managed to get the software and then tried to update, Service Center would say you didn't have any qualifying products for the upgrade serial you entered. Been there before, very frustrating!

I guess I can't complain THAT much cause saving 130€ for the upgrade cause of owning Maschine isn't too bad, but saving 300€ would be so much better! I reckon NI should base the saving on how many other NI products you own, cause I'm starting to gather quite a collection. I reckon with the Audio 8, Traktor Scratch Pro, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Massive, Maschine, Komplete Elements and after owning the Final Scratch paperweight too (yeah I know it's technically Stanton, but NI were a huge involving in why it failed so utterly badly) they should give me it for free. What you reckon NI? ;)

9. justcharlie

Does anyone at NI actually read their forum? Ever? This is the sales question subforum - are we just supposed to guess about everything endlessly here?

I just bought my first NI product and while I love the Maschine I'm shocked at how bad their service and support is.

10. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Hate to say it but we have a LONG wait for any kinda reply. Even submitting tickets has got shockingly slow.... As much as I love some of the stuff that NI make, it's startin to go beyond a joke now. With how much money they are makin you'd think they would be able to employ someone whos only job was to attend to the forum and nothing else. Loads of users have felt that "just left hanging" feeling lately.

I've phoned em a couple of times in the past about stuff but the last time they were seriously rude and the "lady" I spoke to actually started aggressively arguing with me and calling me a liar when I was just telling her what the guy I had spoken to previously had told me.... Nice customer support!

I'm afraid it's just a sit back and wait situation. There is definitely no upgrade path for Komplete Elements, I know that for certain. So now it's just the question of were the emails sent to the users who own Maschine and Komplete Elements offering the upgrade to Komplete 8 for $229 / 199€ sent in error, or do they actually qualify for that. And if they do, I wanna get in on it too! :p

11. Ronny Bangsund

Ronny Bangsund NI Product Owner

It's a weekend. There's rarely much response from most companies then :/

12. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Yeah that is true. Hey NI, I don't do much else aside make music an play around with Massive.... Train me an give me free stuff and I'll live on the forum 24/7.... Deal? ;)

13. feTzu

feTzu New Member

Maybe we'll get some special sale to celebrate the MASCHINE 1.7/KOMPLETE 8 integration.. ;).

14. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Haha yeah I did see we get Komplete Elements 8 free now with the Maschine 1.7 update. That's a bonus at least! Now we just gotta wait for the email with the download link and serial!

15. feTzu

feTzu New Member

Has anyone gotten their download link/serial e-mail yet, by the way?

16. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Nope, nadda yet.... It did say up to 48 hours but nothin yet. Tick tock NI!

17. ScottC

ScottC Forum Member

i too am confused i have Komplete Elements (Maschine edition) and i received an email from NI saying
    but after looking at the pricing scheme folowing the link
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#...paign=K8+update+instore&utm_source=newsletter
    the crossgrade price is 369,00 €

18. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

See, I also own Komplete Elements (Maschine Edition) but didn't get the email at all.... So I'm guessing it was sent out in error cause thats the upgrade price for owners of previous versions of Komplete. I have put a ticket in with NI to explain whats going on but heard nothing back yet, but that doesn't surprise me cause I bet they are snowed under atm.

I'm guessing they will say you don't qualify as your not a Komplete owner, and going on past mistakes I've made I have a feeling you'd have a problem activating with Service Center.... But techincally, even if this was sent out to you in error, I think NI have to offer it to you at that price. I'm kinda gutted I didn't get that email cause I would be on the phone with them right now arguing my case! ;)

19. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Anyone had their download link thru yet? NI be takin their time!

20. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

And still NOTHIN! 48 hours was up yesterday NI, what gives?