Komplete Elements 8 Update?

Discussion in 'Sales Questions (Archive)' started by dj_dunno, Sep 1, 2011.

1. feTzu

feTzu New Member

Still nothing here. :/

2. Rich s

Rich s New Member

The only version I have is the komplete 7 elements. I bought that because I never got the email with the free elements download when I first got maschine. I did email tech surrport all they said was that they would send the serial again. They didn't. Not that they sent it the first time. I also got the upgrade email. Gonna have to wait and see if it was a mistake or not. I'm not buying the update if it might not work. Come on NI what going on?

3. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Well, I just rang NI cause I'm impatient and they said they didn't know of any offer about Komplete Elements 8 for free with the Maschine 1.7 update, so he said hang on and asked around the office, they said they hadn't heard anything about it either..... Sorry but LOL! It's in the release notes!

He got me to send in a screen grab via the ticket I submitted, so with a bit of luck we might have heard something by Christmas.....

4. marcpinol

marcpinol Forum Member

Still nothing? That could be an awesome way (much better than the 1.7.1 update, by the way) to bring some new Komplete buyers, isn't it? ;-P

5. ScottC

ScottC Forum Member

if they honour the upgrade email they sent me i would be all over it like a nasty rash!
    in the meantime it would be nice to get an Elements update & an update for all my "powered by's" so i can at least browse the patches with my Maschine because as it stands the 1.7.1 update has not really given me anything new apart from minor tweaks.

6. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

There's now a thread in the main Maschine forum, seems no one has received Komplete Elements 8 yet. Let's hope NI realise it was in the release notes and start sending them out soon! :)

7. Rich s

Rich s New Member

ok, so still no word from NI as to why some people got an email saying we could buy the update version. The NI shop has changed, it now gets you to log in when you try to buy to see what version is compatible.
    The only version i can get is the crossgrade not the update version. I thought this would be the case, but it just gets your hopes up when NI send you an email stating you can get the full Komplete 8 for $229.
    Oh well $399 is still better than paying the full price.

8. Rich s

Rich s New Member

It would be nice if NI could explain why people were getting the email saying they could upgrade to the full K8, even though the shop says you can't. Was it sent as a mistake? No one has replied to the ticket, it's been over a week now(i understand it must be a busy time for you ATM). Any one from NI reading this? It seems a few people got the email. From some one who has Maschine and only K7 elements, I'm really keen to get K8. But would like to know for sure before I place an order.

9. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

Well, the problem with Komplete Elements 8 has now been solved. We should be expecting an email some time at the start of next week with a download and a serial, so that's good news! More info can be found over at http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148198

As for the email offering you the upgrade for $229, I really do think this musta been a mistake. I also noticed they have changed the layout for buying products on NI, now clearly stating what you need to have previously to get it for the certain price and also offering a log in to see what you qualify for. I'd say if you want to chance it then give NI a ring, but I think they will just tell you it was a mistake and that you have no previous products that qualify you for the upgrade at that price.

Having worked it out and aiming to go for Ultimate, I think I only would have ended up saving about £50, which yeah, it's still £50, but I think it would be a serious long shot for me to get the upgrade at the Komplete Upgrade price anyhow, especially since I didn't even receive the email in error!

You could always try and send a PM to Keir who should be able to help you out if your having no luck with a reply to your ticket.