1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.6.1 Software Update

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Adil @ NI, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.6.1 is now available to download on Native Access.

This is a maintenance update that adds macOS compatibility enhancements, as well as improvements to VST3 hosting. There are accompanying MASCHINE and MASCHINE+ updates that also add a handful of new features. Full changelogs are visible in Native Access, and in the sticky forum posts.

After installing from Native Access, please ensure that any external storage devices containing content are connected when launching KOMPLETE KONTROL for the first time. Please also note that the ongoing integration issues with Logic Pro are not addressed in this update. We are in touch with Apple on the issue and are continuing to investigate possible solutions.

Kontakt VST3 hosting
    The VST3 version of Kontakt can now be used in KOMPLETE KONTROL. Please note that the VST3 versions of the 15 recently-released FX plug-ins are not yet supported in KOMPLETE KONTROL, and thus we have removed the ability to load them (to avoid potentially losing data). This will be addressed in a future update.

Apple Silicon Support
    KOMPLETE KONTROL software can now be used on Apple Silicon computers when Rosetta 2 has been installed (this is available from the App Store):
    • To use KOMPLETE KONTROL standalone, simply launch the application as normal.
    • To use KOMPLETE KONTROL as a plug-in, ensure your DAW is compatible with Apple Silicon in Rosetta mode. Then, launch your DAW using Rosetta (right-click on DAW application in Finder > Get Info > Open using Rosetta).
    What to expect next
    Over the next year, we will mainly be focussed on maintenance and compatibility. We haven’t finalised the exact schedule of development and releases, but we are hoping to extend VST3 hosting (to additional NI, NKS and third-party plug-ins), have a VST3 plug-in target of KOMPLETE KONTROL, and continue to add support for Apple Silicon computers and macOS Monterey (which is expected around autumn).

Finally, we’d like to share a brief reminder that at all times, we are simultaneously maintaining our released products, whilst also investing into our tech stack and in some cases a future generation of products.

Happy updating!

Best,
    The Music Production Team

• Like Like x 3
  2. Vagus

Vagus NI Product Owner

Lovely update, and roadmap, Adil @ NI - thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave Therrien

Dave Therrien NI Product Owner

Hmmm - still haven't fixed the issue with resizing the browser area to be able to see more presets?! I was looking forward to that specific fix to a UI that is very challenging to use effectively.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  4. metrosuperstar

metrosuperstar NI Product Owner

What would be the advantage(s) of using a VST3 instance of Kontakt within KK? Trying to determine if it's worth rebuilding all my template tracks as this would be an incredibly time consuming process. (unless there is a script/utlity out there that can convert all my KK (KontaktVST2) instances to the VST3 version)...

5. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Thank you for the update. But what about new features? I hope Komplete Kontrol will evolve as a software also and not just be based on what KK hardware can do with it.

Apple likes to keep everyone busy with only maintenance updates. It's pathetic! So much of this time could instead be spent on more valuable things.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

I'm sure it will but just like Adil mentioned above, we have to focus on maintenance and compatibility for a bit and then see what can be added.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LoveEnigma

I am not expecting anything for at least a year. VST3 is good and probably required due to upgrade in VST standard and its future, but again, adds no real value for most users.

Also, read my Apple edit above. We have discussed that earlier. ;)

8. Matt @ NI

I guess there would be Windows as well since W11 was announced.

9. LoveEnigma

Not really. Windows does not break apps like Mac. ;)

I don't think NI teams will have to spend significant time for any Windows 11 maintenance.

10. Matt @ NI

I remember Win10 updates breaking hardware compatibility not that long ago ...
    I have a good feeling though and hopefully we can put compatibility updates behind us sooner than later.

• Like Like x 1
  11. paul doolan

paul doolan NI Product Owner

Yes so was I. Matt are they ever going to make KK resizable in the future, surely they can see the benefits to be able to do this.

12. michaelft77

michaelft77 NI Product Owner

I had some major issues over the past week with missing products and unable to load prompts..... many hours trying to fix..... The scanning app was constantly crashing so I could never finish the scanning process..... what to do? Will download update for starters.

13. Dave Therrien

When I upgraded today, I lost the * indication for ALL OF MY FAVORITE PRESETS!? Is that normal to lose those? I spent dozens of hours selecting my favorite sounds (5%) in order to exclude sounds I'd never use (95%)

14. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

Same problem here. I had HUNDREDS of favorites across all my NI and NKS plugins. This is nothing short of serious data loss.

15. JesterMgee

JesterMgee Well-Known Member

Chalk up another year of boring and uninspiring "stability/compatibility/patch" fixes. Like waiting for the lawn to grow. I know macOS creates a mess constantly that fuc%$ with everyone but literally 100% of suggestions have been ignored in 5 years, not a single bone considered that aren't just useful but in some cases desperately needed (resizing the browser is certainly 1 that I know is an easy thing to achieve and cannot understand WHY it still is not a thing) Oh well, maybe 2026 will be the year we see a new useful feature/improvement.

:(

• Like Like x 4
  16. Dave Therrien

Hey NI - since you wiped out months of the time that I put in to setting favorites with this upgrade, how about a free software upgrade from my current Komplete Select 13 to Ultimate?

17. Magic Russ

Magic Russ NI Product Owner

How does that work when there is no VST3 version of Kontakt yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Matt @ NI

Hey everyone!

Sincerely sorry to hear some of you have issues with missing favorites. I have shared a similar post in the Maschine area but it can also affect Komplete Kontrol.
    I have received a note from our team and we're currently investigating/working on a fix for this issue with the highest priority. I've started a new thread here as well so we can communicate our findings/progress with you all: Komplete Kontrol 2.6.1 - Missing favorites after update

Thank you

19. Vagus

Vagus NI Product Owner

It was in beta about a month ago, so I would expect the update to be released in the coming weeks.

20. Vagus

Vagus NI Product Owner

On JesterMgee point - we already know how to manually increase font and window sizes - and the official release itself allows larger sizes than traditional Kontakt instruments through 3rd party NKS products that are VST based.

Surely, when you consider the favorites / factory and user content is based on a constantly updating database, it would be incredibly easy to implement a new set display settings - simply editing variables to enable double height, width, or even custom sizes.

As much as I love a lot of what NI are doing, the community figured out how to do this two years ago. Surely NI can introduce this officially? And while you're there, I'd like to use bigger images for content in KK, as is done in Machine. The assets are already there. Both of these jobs would take around two days work for a single person to implement prior to testing.