1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.6.1 Software Update

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Adil @ NI, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Magic Russ

Magic Russ NI Product Owner

Thanks. I had assumed something like that but still had to take issue with the particular wording.

2. Wiffle

Wiffle New Member

Well, since the update KK no longer sees any of my plugins (apart from Super 8) either in my DAW or as a standalone; up until my latest reinstall it saw some of them in standalone mode. It says the library is empty when I open it in my DAW (Reaper) but when I hit the rescan button it simply doesn't. I've tried reinstalling KK from Native Access, and no change.

3. Diam

Diam New Member

I have noticed since this update Maschine and Komplete Kontrol software, no longer displays a Sounds.com folder in library preferences tab. Previously I stored all of my 3rd party NKS here to show in the factory tab. After 2.6.1 update, they disappeared and I am no longer able to scan for the location (there is no automatic scanning from what I can see). They are still accessible from default content folder if I move them back, but after hours of organisation this update has kind of messed up my my archive.
    Has anybody had this issue or discovered a workaround?

4. LukeKeywalker

LukeKeywalker New Member

What to expect here? Another year of waiting - should I look for a long-term solution with another keyboard and transport/button infrastructure?

5. mecica

mecica New Member

As I mentioned in another thread, is this problem only happening to me?
    After a recent update to the Komplete Kontrol software, the transport function stops when I touch any of the eight knobs.
    For some reason, when I launch the Komplete Kontrol software in standalone mode, the function comes back, but when I touch the knobs again, the function goes away.

Does anyone else have same problem?

Environment:
    Komplete Kontrol A49
    Komplete Kontrol Software 2.6.2
    M1 Macbook Pro
    Logic Pro X 10.6.2 (on Rosetta)

6. Diam

Diam New Member

Please NI, fix this recent update for Machine (2.14.1) and Komplete Kontrol (2.6.2) software. Now I am unable to add any sort of user location to the library. Apparently whatever folder I choose is says, duplicate location and suggests it is already in the library, when I clearly isn't. My saved user patches will not read as there is no actual log of any sort of library present. This is utterly ridiculous. I have done a fresh install twice and no change. Sounds.com is also no longer present in the factory location tab. Urgent fix needed.

Attached Files:

7. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Hi you usually get that if you are trying to link to a path inside the User content folder. Because of this, and because the user content folder is scanned by default, I tend to add additional paths to folders outside the user content folder but inside the native instruments folder for third party NKS libraries. This also ensures the startup scan isn't too slow.

8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Odd, I still have mine

9. Diam

Diam New Member

Thanks man, but it seems to think any folder is a duplicate location, even if I create an untitled folder on the desktop. Issue is, that by default the user tab should have an entry for the default user content folder. This has disappeared. Also a weird anomaly is, if I try to save a user preset, it now saves it in my factory tab (however still stores in the user content folder), but will not read my previous patches stored here. It's like it's started to think backwards. I have put in a support request and I am dreading the generic response to try and reinstall. Have done that 3 times today, so there is something else amiss here. I am pretty familiar with most of the folder structures, locations etc. I just can't get my head around this one.

10. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

This is weird - it doesn't seem to be a problem with the release version per se as I can add user folders fine - maybe a permissions thing then?

11. Diam

Diam New Member

Weird indeed. I somehow don't think it is the update either, but some sort of prefs/database file that is causing a conflict of some sort. I am a bit lost for the source of the issue though, as I am not sure where or how the software(s) accesses these root directories.

12. Diam

Diam New Member

Somehow managed to resolve the library location issues. Think it had to do with an XML file for Rob Papen - Sub Boom Bass, which was somehow missing a location and blocking the database from scanning properly. I don't think I need it there, as I can access my NKS presets from the user tab. Still have a couple sound activation issues for Maschine Factory Selection, but what a relief. Also as I haven't heard a peep back from NI, after I put in a request sometime yesterday. I do love their gear though, so I'm kinda invested.

13. Juergi

Juergi New Member

Installed the Kontakt Update yesterday. Kontakt.vst3 is there.

Edit: Seems, like it came with the Komplete Kontrol update.

14. rhodez

rhodez New Member

NI Please make it possible to index only the libraries user needs. For example I don't want any machine libraries in Komplete kontrol to slow it down. On iMac Pro Komplete Kontrol loading time is around 35+ sec and this still hasn't been fixed by recent performance updates. The whole point of Komplete kontrol is fast workflow and for 2 years (2.0 update started the slowing down and later updates made it even worse) the performance has been sloooooow.

15. Florian Strickrodt

Florian Strickrodt New Member

Well, it was asked by the community a couple of times, even in this thread: when will the year-2000-feature of a resizable and scalable UI find the way into the roadmap for KK (Maschine). Is it at least planned? I checked the forum and if I not misread it the first request I found is from 2012.

PS: I would be happy if someone could link me a working workaround (latest MacOS).
    I would rather not want to try 20 ways I'll find in google with 19 not working. :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021