Solved KOMPLETE KONTROL and KONTAKT

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by ifhpp, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ifhpp

ifhpp New Member

Hi there

I have loaded an instance of KK with a sound from kontakt, so the kontakt player is loaded in KK. If i press edit view, you can see the whole thing including output section and browser etc.

Because its loaded in KK, i can use the mk2 keyboard to browse for a preset, great!

Now if i want to layer it with another sound, i can do this in the same instance by dragging a new sound form the browser in the GUI, but how can i do it via the keyboard??

Also, if only using the software/GUI browser (and not the keyboard) how can i audition a sound when browsing the 'database' library as opposed to the 'files' library?

Thanks in advance

2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

You can't. Komplete Kontrol is for one instrument, 1 layer.

It should audition sounds when you click them or use the arrow keys on your PC keyboard to scroll through them. Make sure the preview volume control at the bottom is active and loud enough to hear.

3. ifhpp

ifhpp New Member

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

that's strange considering you can do it via the software gui (even though its going through KK. Are you sure?

I don't see any preview/volume/audition options at the bottom when browsing in the database library

4. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Well of course you can do it via the GUI just as you can within a DAW but it's not designed with multi-layer control in mind. For instance you may be able to create layers but cannot tell the keyboard to switch between them. So while technically you can do some things, in practice it's designed as a single layer/instance per Komplete instance.

upload_2018-2-13_23-22-30.png

Do you have that control?

5. ifhpp

ifhpp New Member

thanks for your reply.

re the second point - im talking about using kontakt independently/outside of KK.

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Nope. Previews will only work within KK or Maschine. Not outside of them (they were never meant to).

7. Heinrich Zwahlen

Heinrich Zwahlen New Member

It's really unfortunate that we can't edit Kontakt more in KK..that is a serious limitation imho.