1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Komplete Kontrol and MPE?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kymeia, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I'm a bit unclear about whether or not KK supports MPE but I think it may, in a limited sense. I know that it isn't designed to support MPE and I wouldn't expect that because it is not a recording host, but for the plugin version, functioning as a plugin subhost, IF it is hosting a MPE capable plugin and in a MPE capable host, with MPE enabled, it does appear to me to be allowing the host to record MPE expression - at least as far as I can tell. For example, if I record a passage playing my Seaboard, in Bitwig, using Equator with MPE enabled, and then do the same for KK hosting Equator with MPE enabled, I can't see any differences between the 2 recordings in terms of automation of expression, such as slides, polyphonic pitchbend and aftertouch. I know this would not be possible in Maschine because it doesn't even register aftertouch but I'm cautiously optimistic KK at least does not get in the way of MPE like Maschine would, even if it isn't explictly designed for MPE support. Does that tally with other's experiences?

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

OK but doesn't that refer to the standalone - surely the plugin accepts whatever midi the DAW sends to it?

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

I don't think so, but you can test it with a kontakt multi loaded into kk and play some notes on a few different midi channels.

Uwe

5. Vagus

Vagus NI Product Owner

Auras works within KK as a plugin - documentation on setup is here - uses Roli dashboard.

It does seem to work on other MPE enabled plugins, like Arche collection, Noisy/Imagine etc via Lie. I can't talk about how well it's working, mind, but it sounds amazing.