The lights on my S61 MK1 keyboard go out

dspears
dspears Member Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

When I load Komplete Kontrol, My lights to my s61 to the keys (blue ones) go out everything else works. Does anyone have a fix?

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answers

• dspears
    Answer ✓

Paul, I know Jester said everyone would like that option to turn the lights off. I deleted kk then reinstall it. Then playing around I saw the option.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,320 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @dspears the original title mentioned the Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2, yours is a MK1 model, only the MK1 have the possibility to turn the lightguide on or off.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @dspears Is it on mac ? PC ? In Komplete Kontrol in standalone as well ? Does it happen with any instrument loaded ? Did you try another USB cable ?

• dspears

Jeremy it’s on a Mac on stand alone yes. When I go into Logic Pro alone the lights stay on. Then I start kontol the lights go out. I just re installed kontrol. No fix. In stand alone, instruments load, no lights. I changed usb no change. Native instrument’s send a check list. That did not work either.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Do you know how many people have BEGGED to be able to turn the damn lights off for years. Seems like you have a special feature that others can only dream of. Only so long you can stare at that endless blue

• dspears

Well I would like to use the full functionality of the keyboard first. But if I find out how it’s done, I’ll let you know.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @dspears You submitted a request that I answered on Wednesday, please get back to me there so we can ftroubleshoot further.

• dspears

I did right after. Did you see it? See above.

• dspears

Oh boys.....LIGHT GUIDE was not...not enabled....yes you can turn off the lights in Komplete Kontrol....thank you for all your input. It's fixed. Now you can turn the lights off.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@dspears Your reply to Jeremy's email didn't seem to come through. Can you get back to us again? Make sure you reply to ticket no 2839557. 🙂

• paul doolan
    paul doolan Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2022

That's strange as I do not have that option on my S49 keyboard, that hardware tag does not show in KK, is it a keyboard specific option or have they updated the keyboards.

Ahh mark 1 model, makes sense now.

• dspears
    Answer ✓

Paul, I know Jester said everyone would like that option to turn the lights off. I deleted kk then reinstall it. Then playing around I saw the option.

• paul doolan
    paul doolan Member Posts: 13 Member

Peeps has been asking for that option for ages, funny how I have not got that option but it doesn't really bother me anyway I was just curious.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @dspears the original title mentioned the Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2, yours is a MK1 model, only the MK1 have the possibility to turn the lightguide on or off.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

The ability to switch LG on/off was a feature on MK1 keyboards but was strangely omitted from MK2 keyboards.

If you have an MK2 keyboard you cannot switch lights off, only MK1 keyboards have this option.