1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Komplete Kontrol MK2 S61 velocity problem

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Shaw Kai Yang, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Shaw Kai Yang

Shaw Kai Yang New Member

i don't know if i had this problem before.
    After i had installed the firmware update, i found out my keyboard's default G#5 has started playing a lot louder than every other note
    is my G#5 has different velocity curve from other key's?

does anyone have same problem?[​IMG]

From left to right : Hard3 Linear Soft3
    i used almost same pressure,and the G#5 is louder than the others

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. Splaaat

Splaaat NI Product Owner

I've been having a similar issue. I just picked up the KK mk2 a week ago. On day 1, after installing everything, I noticed an issue with my F#1. Initially, it wasn't triggering the note (no light feedback either). A few hundred presses later, the velocity would jump all over the place. I changed the velocity curve on the hardware and constantly kept playing the note and it seemed to have settled. I didn't notice the issue for a few days. Last night while playing around, the issue popped up again for a few presses (erratic velocity). It again seems to have settled for now. I'm not sure if this is a Hardware issue or a software bug.

Hope someone from NI can chime in.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  3. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

If you can test it in standalone Komplete Kontrol and it affects just a single (or just a few) keys which is obvious, it would be a hardware fault since there is no adjustment per-key.

Another thing to just check in this kind of case is if you adjust your OCT+/- does the same key still misbehave? That means it is definitely the key and not something to do with the instruments etc.

4. Shaw Kai Yang

Shaw Kai Yang New Member

yeah,in standalone Komplete Kontrol it still sounds louder.
    adjusting my OCT+/- doesn't make any difference.
    help me NI senpai!

maybe the firmware has something to do with this?
    its not always very loud,but it easily becomes louder......
    its like......that key has a very hard velocity curve?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  5. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

For me and my S61 mkI, it's middle C, or C4 (changing octave makes no difference). This key is consistently louder than all others when played with the same force. Has anyone found a solution?

6. Splaaat

Splaaat NI Product Owner

Mine kind of settled down after a few weeks of playing the mk2. Also, my issue was intermittent and not consistent.

7. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

I guess the mk1 and mk2 both use the same keybed. I've had my S61 mk1 for over a year. It may have been doing the "loud C" thing all that time, not sure, but it's certainly been consistent for maybe 6 months now.