Komplete kontrol S-series hardware update

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Heiðin, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Heiðin

Heiðin New Member

Decided to get one of the S-series keyboards and noticed that the Mk2 was released almost three years ago. Would really bother me if a new version is released anytime soon after buying. I know it´s always a possibility but I´m just curious if there are any signs of an update?

I also want to add that any of the S-series in my opinion seems to be really good, easy to use keyboard controllers that´ll definitely suite my needs!

2. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

If you're talking about firmware, it is automatically updated when available. You're noticed at first subsequent keyboard connection time

3. Heiðin

Heiðin New Member

My question concerns the actual keyboard, anyway thanks for replying!

4. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

NI Has not divulged any info, but winter NAMM is in a few days and NI has a booth...listed as "By Appointment Only", so don't know if there will be any reports from attendees, probably only official announcements from NI... I wouldn't worry too much about it!!

Peace,

Blindeddie

5. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

To be honest, with all the features and functionality still not working with the current hardware they would be insane to release yet another keyboard update. The M and A series aren’t that old and it’s the software that needs an update in features, not the hardware.

• Like Like x 4
  6. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

That's cool to hear NI is actually going to be at Namm 2020, they haven't been releasing many new products using the Namm platform for awhile now.
    Wonder if they will be showing a new board, or perhaps a new version of Kk. It needs a major update

7. Heiðin

Heiðin New Member

I know winter NAMM is coming up and I´ll probably wait over the weekend. Not sure if anything will come up but just in case.
    From this post it seems NI will continue to work on the software this year: https://www.native-instruments.com/...-from-native-instruments.372765/#post-1861935

Thank you for your input!

Peace

8. Heiðin

Heiðin New Member

It seems thats were the focus will be this year. Thank you!

9. Heiðin

Heiðin New Member

What´s your opinion on what updates the keyboard needs? Seem like a good controller to me since it´s "only" a midi-keyboard although it contains a lot more than that.

10. BezowinZ

BezowinZ NI Product Owner

I'd love/hate to see an S73.

I'm not sure if it's the VIs, KK software or Studio One, but I'm having trouble with In Session Audio instruments. Specifically Taiko Creator and Shimmer Shake Strike. All was OK not too long ago. I have a ticket in with ISA, but no cure yet. TC is trouble in KK, standalone or in S1, but OK in Kontakt. And SSS is trouble only in KK/Kontakt, in S1.

And I was having some KK hardware disconnection issues in S1. Never got that sorted out. Software problems are very frustrating for me as aside from reinstalling and reaching out to the related companies, I'm at a loss. And companies are 0-3 helping me with serious issues.

Again, not sure if KK is the problem, but an update to surprisingly fix my issues would be greatly appreciated.

11. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Seconding this. It would be a really tough sell to convince me to upgrade to a new generation of hardware when the current generation is hugely under-developed. There would need to be major leaps forward from a software perspective, and the hardware would need to be majorly innovative. Talking unbelievable workflow, performance and ergonomic improvements on top of a major software update. Major. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Heiðin

Heiðin New Member

Also I read you and others have had problems with the LCD screens!?

13. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

14. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Does NI even have any more quality developers? It's been mentioned in forums, that a big chunk of their current development team are interns left.

Obviously they are not the same guys that we're there from the start eg: Kore 2 devs..

Wishful thinking, but they can't even make Komplete Kontrol multi timbral in how many years??

Sad