1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboard Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Toby @ NI, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Small Paul

Small Paul NI Product Owner

I've completely disabled windows 10 updates in services and it hasn't installed again. it was working for a while but I've turned on pc tonight and it's broken AGAIN.

NI need to patch this crap

2. DANIELE-ES

DANIELE-ES New Member

I quote that, you need to patch this asap. All the users that has your hardware are in the same mess...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aleh

Aleh New Member

And I quote that, you need to patch this asap !!!

4. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Yeah I have given up on getting mine working again, and again. Music is on hold for me at the moment because of this and I am seriously hoping that a fix is available soon.

5. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I used this tool from Microsoft to hide the update to prevent it from reinstalling. So far it seems to work, even when I manually check for Windows updates it doesn't show up anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Taritari

Taritari New Member

I have stopped the windows updates, but that's something I don't like. I want to have my computer updated, mainly because of security reasons, so a solution for this issue is a must. I wonder if the same problem for MK2 keyboard would take so long to be solved.

7. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

8 days is a long time? Really think people need to be more realistic, NI did not know MS would release updates that broke stuff, it takes time to work out why and fix things, particularly when OSes being updated creates a constantly changing environment (happens on Mac too occasionally, although at least there updates are not inflicted on people like this).

8. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

Probably. But the thing is, there are companies that get into such predicaments and get sympathy from users, and companies that get venting of accumulated frustration.

That “we informed Microsoft, so it’s out of our hands” message didn’t help. I mean, they could at least pretend they were trying.

• Like Like x 3
  9. StevieSallz

StevieSallz NI Product Owner

Yeah it's frustrating as hell. There's still bugs in the S-series MK1 with Ableton I was addressing with support, right before all this happened with the update. In fact, there are bugs and quirks going back years that have never been addressed. I'm not holding my breath here to be honest. Why the hell should MS care when NI clearly don't for older products. "Why, I think I'll just purchase a spanking new MK2, that'll fix everything"... yeah...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jason R

Jason R NI Product Owner

This is getting ridiculous NI. We really need to get a fix now. At least give some insight and information in to what is being discussed or what action is taking place.

11. RevBob

RevBob New Member

Does the new Kontrol 2.1 release address this?
    A general email to Mk1 users let them know you are aware of the issue would have been a simple courtesy.
    An update on progress with a projection of when you might post a fix even better - a week, 2 weeks, a month?
    I have a brand new install of Komplete 12 Ult and can't play it on my Kontrol S61.

12. pryere

pryere NI Product Owner

The silence on this issue is deafening. It's approaching a complete disgrace.

13. Jason Ford

Jason Ford New Member

Just contributing my feelings of frustration as well.
    While I understand the nature of software development can cause these hiccups, the lack of communication from NI regarding this is rather poor.
    Prior to discovering this issue, I spent hours on bug fixing, which included reinstalling windows. Had I a message regarding this issue along with an ETA of a fix would save a lot people from this headache.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

Hi,
    Ok, it's not fun but all yo have to do is when W10 updates after closing off your PC is when you start it up delete the update with 044 on the end. Does not takes much time and after doing it for 5 days you get better and quicker in it :)

15. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ON TRAKTOR AND MASCHINE STUDIO. THIS IS NOT A GOOD SITUATION A PATCH IS URGENTLY REQUIRED, AS ABOVE I HAVE REMOVED THE UPDATE SEVERAL TIMES, NOW IT CANT BE SEEN BUT THE CONTROLLERS DO NOT WORK, BUT OTHERS NOT AFFECTED BY THE PATCH DO. SORT IT

16. laserbeak

laserbeak NI Product Owner

Thanks,
    I hope you guys find a workaround. Don't know how long I should be going without security updates. Doesn't seem to affect Traktor on my laptop though so that's good.

17. nilblo

nilblo NI Product Owner

So much for getting a keyboard with lightdisplay for keyswitches (MkI..) Was very nice to have one S25 for keyswitches only, plus a 88-keys without - for playing. Came back from a long period of being occupied with things more pressing than making music and discovered this flaw in functionality.
    I´m on Windows 10 Home on the DAW computer. Cannot turn off windows update. Upgrade to Win 10 Pro equals cost of a MkII keyboard, almost..
    Uninstalled KB4487017 only to have windows tell me it re-installed the offending update. Doesn´t show though in listing of Windows Updates after reboot. Still no lightguide. So - lightguide maybe will come back any upcoming year, yes?

18. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog NI Product Owner

The simplest way to deal with this is to do a system restore to a time before the Windows update, and then set up your computer so it won't do automatic updates.

19. nilblo

nilblo NI Product Owner

Yes, you could stop the wuauserv (Windows Update Service). However temporarily as it will restart itself (unknown to me after what length of time..)
    - Windows 10 Home, go to PowerShell or Windows Command Prompt : sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled
    Stopping Windows Update Service also means stopping all updates of Windows Defender and it´s malware database. Sounds like loads of fun...
    Maybe MS and N.I. eventually decides who is responsible and maybe they´ll fix this. I wouldn´t bet on it though..

20. 12string

12string NI Product Owner

darn, removing updates now I dont even reboot unless I disable security driver vitrification but that's every boot now.