1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboard Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Toby @ NI, Feb 19, 2019.

1. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

2. StevieSallz

StevieSallz NI Product Owner

I'm going to assume you're unaffected here, and you don't need to worry about sacrificing system integrity and safety to get your controller to operate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nilblo

nilblo NI Product Owner

I don´t think trolls understand such agony...;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. laserbeak

laserbeak NI Product Owner

5. Jason R

Jason R NI Product Owner

No one was trolling. everyone understood it was a Microsoft update that has now caused it, Most people including myself couldn't understand the silence from NI regarding this after 2 weeks of the problem first appearing. And as a result of this thread and people raising their frustrations we now have at least had an email to say what action has been taken instead of it being a secret.

Still 2 weeks and no idea of when a fix will happen is pretty poor from both sides.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave Murphy

Dave Murphy New Member

I was just about to upgrade to a S88... there is no way I'm going to risk investing in any more hardware when NI took so long to reach out to their customers... I have Komplete11, Komplete Kontrol S25, Maschine and use Komplete Audio 6 interface, I feel like I've given my support by investing in the company and I'm so disappointed that they didn't address this immediately. I totally understand that it may not have been their fault, but they could have done more to keep us in the loop. I appreciated the recent email update but it was too little, a little too late. My trust is broken. Please fix this!!!

7. ChazC

ChazC New Member

This needs fixing ASAP. After uninstalling the 7044 update several times, after it installed itself again this morning it now no longer shows in my updates so I am completely unable to uninstall it.

8. DDmUSA

DDmUSA NI Product Owner

Let this be a lesson to NI.....

When a severe issue like this one becomes known to NI.... an e-mail should be sent to all users that are registered as having the products that could be associated with the issue. To keep the users informed of the situation, NI could create a post in the forum just before sending out the initial communication, and in the communication, NI could explain that users need to log into the forum and watch the thread to stay informed about the situation.

My personal situation:

I have a live performance scheduled for Monday, March 11, and I was planning on using all of my gear for the show. Is there any chance of resolving this before March 11 ?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Small Paul

Small Paul NI Product Owner

Has anyone else had issues with the kk keyboard completely crashing cubase when it's turned on? I've turned it off and can actually work on projects again.. seriously wtf

10. 12string

12string NI Product Owner

Does any one know if a nord electro 6D is something worth changing over to from Komplete 10 ultimate? I already have 24 channels of actual analog synths and drum machines so the Komplete was "Filler" and hammond sounds, I actually have a Big birtha hammond, a rhodes, pretty much every sound already I have in real instruments. But the draw bars of the Nord is something cool and is been on a lot of music videos so it looks neat.

11. Punktronica

Punktronica New Member

wow this is the longest ive ever waited on a fix for something that breaks the functionality of the product :0 I actually thought oh ok cool it probably get patched in 2-3 days lol

12. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

Most of us did get an email once it escalated to a notable issue for KK mk1 keyboard users with Windows .... however I have both KK1 and KK2 keyboard and only got the one email , sooo..... at least they are aware of the issue! It took six years for my Akai Renaissance to work properly ;-)

13. 12string

12string NI Product Owner

Kore was the longest wait for a fix. it was dreaful and I was a fan boy. MK2 with display is wonderful.

14. horace_byrd

horace_byrd New Member

This is getting ridiculous now. I have a Maschine Studio and Komplete Kontrol S61. Neither works and hasn't done so for weeks now.
    I'm not going to start uninstalling and disabling OS updates in order to get this working. That's always a bad idea and shouldn't ever be a solution that users have to resort to.
    I have spent a lot of money with NI over the years, I don't expect to have to wait this long to fix an issue that has completely crippled 2 pieces of hardware that came at a premium price.
    Just not good enough. And NI are, as always, completely failing to keep customers updated sufficiently.

15. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

I used this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo

I still can use Komplete Kontrol MK1.

I do not see what I need of this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4487044/windows-10-update-kb4487044

In this thread:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...ized-after-updating-windows-10.347281/page-10

NI gives info: "We're working together with Microsoft to find out what is causing this. We sent them the affected hardware so they can do thorough research and come with a fix."

16. nilblo

nilblo NI Product Owner

Thanks GuidoPa for the info (the last link..) Silly me didn´t think of looking in the Mascine Studio thread for info from N.I. concerning KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES KEYBOARD MK1 PROBLEMS. At peril of being accused of trolling - informing those of us who are afflicted by the problem and who appear in this thread, doesn´t seem to be a priority for N.I.
    I have been offered 100 bucks for my "defunct" S25 Mk1 by someone who doesn´t care about the lightguide. VERY tempted to take that bid..

• Like Like x 1
  17. DDmUSA

DDmUSA NI Product Owner

My personal opinion is that the cost of a Nord Electro 6D is a lot of money just to get an organ emulation in the body of an actual keyboard with physical drawbars. The 6D does more than just organ, but you mentioned only really considering it for the drawbars and the "look".

18. Small Paul

Small Paul NI Product Owner

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED???

• Like Like x 2
  19. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

20. peter verberne

peter verberne New Member

Dear Reefius,
    Thanks for this tip. I didn't find anything of known NI issues at Microsoft??? https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/4487017/windows-10-update-kb4487017
    Since so many users are affected, it takes quite some time before this issue is solved...
    Almost daily I receive advertising mail from NI what I could or should buy.
    They know I own this product, but fail to inform me about this problem....
    There is some improved customer care possible NI!