KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboard Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Toby @ NI, Feb 19, 2019.

1. CliffBanG

CliffBanG NI Product Owner

and if you can’t afford a Mac, then save up so you can buy one then.....

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  2. Small Paul

Small Paul NI Product Owner

I'm gonna email Putin, get his shills to patch it for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

The KK S61 MK1 is 4 years old and so what?

The KK S61 MK2 came out in the last months of 2017.

For people who bought the KK MK1 in the months before is their KK MK1 not even two years old. So they payed 700 euro/dollars for something they could not even use two years. How much people will be willing to buy a hardware product now from NI with the chance it will not work anymore after not even two years?

People that are selling now there KK MK1 on for instance Ebay are selling a product that does not work at the moment with Windows and they don't even know it, neither do the second hand buyers. So this gives problems.

I used something mentioned here and posponed the update and can still use my KK S61 MK1. But not everybody want's Windows updates turn't down or back.

Saying to people that have to buy a Mac is ridiculous and not to the point at all. It's like saying to people that they have to buy a Push 2 that can do more than a KK midi-controller.

If you buy a product and you take care of it than it's ridiculous that at some point you can not use it anymore, It's not even mentioned in the legal agreemens of NI: https://www.native-instruments.com/...rms-and-conditions/terms-and-conditions-gmbh/

I don't want Maschine expansions, Komplete 12 or something else.

Al I want is somebody that says/explains what is the problem and what people are doing to fix that.

After 1 month it's an explanation all customers deserve.

• Like Like x 5
  4. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Some of us hold more value in money than to spend it on a Mac. Like diamonds, to some they are worth the cost, to others they are shiny stones.

Yeah, buy a Mac because they never have problems, especially with every-single-update.
    :rolleyes:

5. CliffBanG

NEver said Mac never has problems, there u go again taking my text out of content and flipping it into something else is called weaseling.
    I said the issue we have doesn’t exist on Mac , so therefore it’s a work around. Bozo, if none of these work arounds in These posts don’t work, and u don’t Want to buy a Mac, just shut the hell up wait then.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. CliffBanG

lol

7. JesterMgee

Great advice that you should also abide by my friend. You have a mac and it appears to work so why you still here when it doesn't affect you?

lolz

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  8. CliffBanG

And screw money
    To help, but I told you before , I’d rather use PC, but it’s not stopping me thanks to having a Mac, the great advice has already been given, yet people still post omg panic what do i do posts, after the solutions have already been posted, and if they don’t work, jump on a different OS like I did, that’s not effected by this security update. Is what I have been saying. Everyone is just frustrated I guess

9. JesterMgee

I love how you assume that others just have a mac lying around down the back of the couch, or the money to spend, or even the desire to even touch one. It's about as helpful as suggesting to someone who has a car that won't start to go out and buy a horse.

Many users complaining have a right to do so when they have a product that stops working due to drivers that cease to function. Many of the "fixes" will depend on what version of OS they have as Windows pushes updates even if you disable/delete updates from the machine and for some users, disabling updates is not really an option.

While the issue is caused by an MS update it does not mean it is not also an NI issue. Perhaps the way they designed their drivers to work is not the best way and can be a security issue that they never considered. Perhaps they need to look at a redesign of the driver especially when this affects the previous gen units and not the current ones. The main complaint is not that there is an issue, but as usual there is simply no further communications or updates on the matter. A concrete date for a fix isn't what most expect, just some kind of status update since this isn't just a toy for people to play with, some people have work to do and cannot simply keep a spare everything in case something breaks or buy the latest version that comes out every 2 years.

So we know the issue is an MS update and things are being looked into right now (well, that's what the assumption is), what we do not know is if MS will be addressing this or if NI have to redesign a driver, how long this will take and what to do in the meantime. Apart from the notice of an issue and they have contacted MS about it, we are now 1 month into this problem without any further information. Could be a week, could be 6 months. Could be never and we have bricks.

I personally have both an S series MK1 and an A series so I use the A series currently but I personally much prefer the S series so I too have my own "solution" which I could also just say "well go out and buy an A series or MK2 keyboard which doesn't have this issue". That would be more feasible for most than the suggestion of buying a $3K+ computer, but I also know that recommending to go out and just buy more gear to fix this kind of issue is a stupid idea so that is not a suggestion I would make.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Jason Ford

Jason Ford New Member

^ Best post in this thread. Sums up all our concerns quite elegantly.

• Like Like x 2
  11. CliffBanG

Stop dic riding ........ this information has been passed off many times before this guy just sat down and wrote a book, about the same info that’s currently floating around in 4-5 similar posts. Once again I don’t care if u have a Mac or not, all i did was explain what I did. And as usual you’re gobbling my balls...... stop feathering each other’s nuts, and back up off mine....

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  12. CliffBanG

And u don’t make music jester, u come here and work the forums gearslut.........

13. JesterMgee

lol.

So accurate and as always, such skill in delivery.

:D

14. VPMorton

VPMorton New Member

Some help for Windows users who deleted the offending update that causes the S88 drivers to drop out, but found it coming back......Despite 'telling'win 10 otherwise!
    The problem (with Win 10 Home) is that the drivers will just pop back soon enough no matter what you do, so the attached text will show you how to keep Win10 from forcing updates on you until you are good and ready....

Attached Files:

15. nilblo

nilblo NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  16. GuidoPa

GuidoPa NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  17. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

KK MK1 may be 'ancient' and not being sold anymore, but Maschine Studio is also affected and is still being sold by NI.

• Like Like x 2
  18. CliffBanG

What , all because I called my kks49 mk1 ancient , everyone’s gotta ancient thing going on now lol. I called my equipment ancient, and look how it effected folks like the MS security update. U guys kill me, posting roger Lin videos and ****. Like I don’t know any of this. I called my shittt ancient, and it affected plenty. U get ridiculed for your own opinions now a days. I don’t need nothing from today really , I’m cool with just using my mv8800, I don’t need to stay up to date with that. Get off my nutz , and assassinate someone else’s character.

19. nilblo

nilblo NI Product Owner

Just installed KB4489899 (arrived this evening) and now I have lightguide again.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  20. Aleh

Aleh New Member

Yes! Super! KB4489899 for Windows 10x64 1809 solved this problem for my KOMPLETE KONTROL S61.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1