1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Komplete Kontrol S88 MkII Interest Thread! Who's holding off getting the S49/S61 MkII for the S88?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by newbietomusicproduction, Sep 30, 2017.

1. LJRL

LJRL NI Product Owner

Since the S88 release was announced in October (2015) I’m really hopeful that the S88 MKII will be announced this October. Sooner of course, would be even better. It really does seem so bizarre to still be waiting.

2. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

Read more of the forum. It will seem less bizarre.

3. Xyenz Fyxion

Peace, my bad I didn't respond. I personally don't want to invest that much money into two nearly identical keyboards. I do have a two-tier stand. And, I have a Novation Impulse 61 with faders. I hardly use it. While I like the idea of 88 keys, I haven't been limited with 61 to the point of having to buy an 88 version.

4. LJRL

LJRL NI Product Owner

Meaning???

5. Xyenz Fyxion

Meaning... Waiting for new features is the most common thing you will find in these forums.

6. Bobby Sparks

Bobby Sparks New Member

I'm waiting. I don't like pitch and mod wheels off to the side on 88 note keyboards so I hope they put them above the last octave. This will also make the keyboard fit in 76 note key cases and make it less obtrusive on tight stages. A triple sensor TP-100 LR would work fine. That is what I want the MK II to be. NI would get all my money.

7. Bobby Sparks

Bobby Sparks New Member

That's why I hope the MK2 88 is shorter. I've found having the pitch bend and mod wheel on the end of the keyboard is just too far to use comfortably. It's much better above the last octave of the keyboard. It also makes the keyboard lighter and most will fit in a 76 key case. Why companies put P & Mod at the end of 88 note keyboards is beyond me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BezowinZ

BezowinZ NI Product Owner

I'm hoping for the pitch & mod wheels are on top too, for the fit. My desk can only hold a 53.25" wide controller. C'mon NI, make it happen!

9. Bobby Sparks

Bobby Sparks New Member

I've stopped waiting. I'm getting the Studiologic SL-88 Grand. I'm not a fan of the Fatar TP-100LR. Too sluggish for me. I'll only buy the MK II if they make it in a 76 key non-weighted version like the 61 note..

10. banens

banens New Member

Would be great if NI release S88 mk2 (weighted action) and S73 mk2 (non-weighted) in September 2018! And please put pitch bend and mod wheel above the lowest octave to make the keyboard shorter.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BezowinZ

BezowinZ NI Product Owner

Good to see others looking for a compact solution!

12. LJRL

LJRL NI Product Owner

If an announcement is made I expect it to be toward the end of October.

13. Xyenz Fyxion

Wait no longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

15. LJRL

LJRL NI Product Owner

An unexpected, but pleasant surprise this morning! :)

16. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  17. G.B.

G.B. New Member

Finally! :)

18. Yak Shaver

Yak Shaver New Member

Wait, hold on. Perhaps we all should wait for MK3? (Just joking.) Pre-order in progress.

19. Jesse Hughes

Jesse Hughes New Member

Yay!

Attached Files:

20. Nabumetheus

Nabumetheus NI Product Owner

I was stoked to see the S88MK2 released! But then I did some research and found out that the MK2 Keyboards don't support MCU anymore -- like the MK1 Keyboards did. And NI has been mute on weather they will add MCU support. I was going to throw my $1000 at NI, but I guess my only option is to vote with my money -- and hold off until I hear weather or not NI will bring back MCU support.

MCU support Is so crucial for people who use REAL DAW's, like REAPER ;)

• Like Like x 1