1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Komplete Kontrol The VST2 plugin is Damaged and can't be opened

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Kaldosh, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Hello,

Me and several users I've seen on different forum have this issue in Ableton Live 10.
    Trying to delete and reload a vst2 instance of Komplete Kontrol doesn't work and it is indeed broken

The AU version works fine though, still a reinstallation through Native access didn't solve the issue.

Anyone in touch with this or a fix maybe ?

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 13.52.39.png

2. sem4

sem4 NI Product Owner

Agree, I have raised a support ticket for this, still does not working for me. I haven installed the latest updates (KK updated on tuesday to be catalina compliant) however the VSTs are still not able to get loaded into Ableton lLive

3. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Yeah seems it's more compatibility issues with Mac. From what I have seen it affects a few plugins now not just NI and appears to be VST and not AU. With my tin foil hat on the suggestion could be that Apple seem to want users to use AU because it doesn't have problems like VST... But we know they wouldn't do something like that to their users.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No issues on my Macs... One is in Catalina the other in Mojave.
    What's your OS version? Whats Live's version? When did this start to happen?

Check your plugin folder for anything unusual, is there only on KK VST? Is it of normal size (70mb)?
    Do other Hosts load KK just fine? Or is Live the only problematic DAW?
    Does rescanning in Live help?
    Try deleting the VST's manually and reinstalling KK.

If all that fails then go to Your-HD/Users/Your-Name/Library/Preferences/Ableton, open the folder corresponding to your Ableton Version, delete the Log.Txt then launch Live, do whatever triggers the problem and it will create a new log, attach it here, it should have more descriptive clues of what's going on.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  5. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

6. D-One

• Like Like x 1
  7. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Works here.

René

Attached Files:

8. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I did a reinstall , not working.
    I run latest beta and official version of ableton.
    Doesn't really matter since KK is pretty useless for me...Will just be another reason not to use it. Who is really in control of his own hard earned devices and softwares nowadays anyway :D
    So many reasons to go hardware only, and it becomes cheap...really a good thing.
    Thanks for your help guys, :rolleyes:

9. Kei takeda

Kei takeda New Member

I have the same problem.
    Komplete Kontrol(2.2.1) vst2 plugin cannot be loaded by Ableton live(10.1.6).
    In Cubase (9.0.40) the plugin move into black list.
    Any solution?

スクリーンショット 2019-12-23 20.28.03.png
    スクリーンショット 2019-12-23 20.31.46.png

10. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Still no improvement whatsoever a month later

11. Kim Bostroem

Kim Bostroem NI Product Owner

What's going on there? Is KK dead? Are they not interested in the Ableton user base?

12. Kim Bostroem

Still not working.

13. JesterMgee

Works fine for me in Ableton Live, no issues here.

14. Kim Bostroem

Hi Jester, how did you solve the problem? I've tried everything, I can't get it to work...! Are you on a Mac? Are you using the latest version of Ableton?

15. D-One

Jester uses Windows. I am on Mac, the latest version of everything and it's all good. I only had this issue once and an update and rescan of Live fixed it. Read post #6 #4 and provide more details.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  16. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

I have never had this problem. Using Ableton Live 10 on macOS Mojave.

17. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

the problem is when loading all projects using instances of KK. They are not opening. which means you have to reload a plugin and work your sound again.... obvisouly the chances that it messes up with everyone are low

18. JesterMgee

The issue seems to be a Mac specific issue with the VST version of some plugins within Live. Ableton were aware of this issue and I have a feeling some things were addressed and possibly fixed. My solution is simply to not use Mac, but that's not a suggestion to anyone, just my own solution.

19. D-One

So... What happens when you have a windows specific issue? Do you change to Linux? :D

20. JesterMgee

Well I never used mac to start with but I choose not to so I don’t have compatibility issues. While windows will also have issues as every OS does, they are normally easily solvable and I’m still delighted I can load up my projects from 20 years ago in software that is as old.