Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 player

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Darrenp, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Darrenp

Darrenp New Member

I have had Kontakt 5 for a few years and recently purchased the Electric Vintage Guitar. I discovered that I needed Kontakt 6 Player for it to work. I now have Kontakt 6 player. When I open Kontakt 6, my third party instruments were missing from my quick load window, so I found them and reloaded them. when I insert the third party instruments they load in Demo mode. To use the third party instruments I have to use Kontakt 5 and to use the Electric vintage I have to use Kontakt 6, therefore using two versions of Kontakt within the same project. This doesn't seem right. Am I missing something

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

No that can be unfortunately the case, if you have third party libraries that need the full version and are compatible with kontakt 5 you need your 5 full version, and for newer libraries that need kobtakt 6 but can run in just the player (you have to pay native AFAIK that your library works just in the player) you need your kontakt 6 player. So if you would try to use a free library that needs kontakt 6 full you would not be able to use it. So to have an easier workflow you would need kontakt 6 full version. But I'm not totally sure if there are free ones from small programmers that need kontakt 6 - im not the greatest kontakt user.

Uwe