Kontakt 5> can't install because a full version....

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by luckystrike08, Mar 8, 2014.

1. TheJ10000

TheJ10000 New Member

OK I have had this problem a few times now and have informed NI.

This occurs when an update fails through service center and you cannot install full version or update, especially since I have Komplete.

The fix for me is to just delete these two registry items

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5

and the 32 Bit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5

Delete the Kontakt 5 keys in both and then the installer worked for me, that is all. I tried numerous other fixes and this worked immediately for me

Good luck

2. TheJ10000

TheJ10000 New Member

Used this fix on Absynth previously as well btw, probably works with Massive, Reaktor, Guitar Rig, etc.

3. Theseeqer

Theseeqer Member

Hello. I have had this problem also and deleted the registry entries as per the above instructions, as well as all folders relating to Kontakt 5. After this, i also run CCleaner reg Clean. I then run the install disc for Komplete which knows Kontakt is missing and be default, only installs Kontakt. This time it installed without any errors and at the end says run service centre to register it. I click ok and Kontakt is not listed - only the software disc itself which is registered as full / activated . I closed this and done a scan with a DAW for new VST and nothing is found and no entry on my desktop exists , so i run the Deom EXE as instructed by NI support and this gives me the message of fail: See photo. I had this a few times, depending upon the combination i try to install Kontakt (Update or main software)

Anyone have any ideas because so far, NI support has not come up with an answer and this thread actually helped to get the main install to work, but just did not actually install for real - it just completes without error messages.

Thank's.. a.jpg

4. GBreezy

GBreezy New Member

Does anyone here know how to fix this problem on a Mac (running OSX 10.9.5)? I don't have any versions of Kontakt installed, but it won't install the full version of 5.5.1 bc it says a full version is already installed. I already searched for all Kontakt files on the HD, and nothing is coming up. Ughhh....

5. Theseeqer

Theseeqer Member

Hi mate. As far as i recall, there was a fix i found on youtube via Google. It was a file i had to delete (Or the folder contents) and this fixed the issue. It happened with Maschine 2 which was due to my Net Framework in Windows. This can also happen if one installed hack copy of Kontakt, or the hack demo, even. You can try clean up tools and or look on google. Unless anyone else has a fix for you :)

6. Chris Tommo

Chris Tommo New Member

Hi GBreezy, did you find a fix for this, I've spent hours trying to get this stupid thing to work, falling miles behind with a project! Cheers

7. BadDad25

BadDad25 New Member

@Ruben van Leeuwen

Thank you so much!! had the same problem and you saved the day. made an account for the sole purpose of thanking you my man!!

8. Michael Leroy

Michael Leroy New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You save my "live"

9. CrystalCuts

CrystalCuts New Member

Sorry to bring up an old post, is there now a permanent fix for this??

Having to go through this every time I want to update something from Komplete, it's not really good enough IMO especially when NI wont even acknowledge the requests let alone assist.