1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Kontakt 5 can't remember Library / Instruments of my Projects

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Gerrit Piechowski, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Gerrit Piechowski

Gerrit Piechowski New Member

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the whole Kontakt-Business, but after spending several days on google, trying to figure out how to solve my problem, I ended up on this forum. I bet there's a very simple solution to this problem since I'm very new to this.

First of all something to my configuration:

27" 5K Retina iMac, 10.10.5. OS X Yosemite, 4GHz, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096MB

I'm working with the latest version of Logic Pro X.

Talking about my problem:

1) I'm creating a new project - create a new instrument, add Kontakt Player, everything's fine EXCEPT that my Kontakt player is completely empty.

Every library I added in previous sessions is gone. So everytime I open up a new project, I'm supposed to add every single library again.

2) Everytime after finishing/saving the project to my hard drive and re-opening it a moment later - Logic says

"Kontakt 5 - Loading instruments has failed, as the library "Signal" is not installed on this computer" (which isn't true).

So... right now I can't work on a project more than 1 time, because Kontakt is always "forgetting" my instruments (and so do I).

I really hope someone can help me out on this since here are a lot of experienced users/moderators.

Thanks in advance, I'm grateful for every trick/hint.

PS: and btw. I already tried to do a "re-batch save" but nothing changed my situation.

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You should add your libraries when Kontakt is running standalone, not in a DAW. Also, definitely make sure that Kontakt is the latest version (5.5.2).

3. Gerrit Piechowski

Gerrit Piechowski New Member

Hey,

thanks for your help, I opened Kontakt (standalone), added the library, loaded an instrument... I also saved the library. I closed Kontakt - opened it again it the library was completely empty again. I also made sure I'm on the latest version (5.5.2.) and I already de-installed Kontakt and re-installed it again.

Nothing seems to work so far, as Logic Pro X is still failing to load my instruments as "Signal is not installed on this computer". I have my Signal library on my "Documents" folder on my internal hard drive. Or is it supposed to be anywhere else?

I appreciate any kind of help on this topic :)

4. EvilDragon

That is bizarre. Contact Output support, they should send you the proper .xml file for Service Center (just tell them you have the disappearing library issue).

5. Storytime Symphony

Storytime Symphony New Member

Hi guys,

Did anyone solve this yet? I'm having similar issues with Shevannai Voices of Elves :/

EDIT: I contacted BestService.de (the provider of the library) and they knew the issue. You have to set the rights for a specific folder. I'm guessing this is true for more people, so I'm posting it here:

> Go to Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/
    > Rightclick the folder "Service Center", choose 'get info'
    > Click the lock icon in the bottom to unlock admin rights
    > Choose read/write for the usergroup "everyone"

Enjoy not losing your library all the time!

PS I hope people find this via Google like I did, which means I didnt post this for shits and giggles :p

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bob Broadley

Bob Broadley New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Yes I did eventually find this via Google (after looking, trying various things, reinstalling etc. for about an hour). I signed up the forum just to say, ummm, "thank you"...

7. m.becker

m.becker New Member

thanx a lot. you made my day.

8. chrisking497

chrisking497 New Member

I'm having the exact same problem with Cantabile (VST hosting software) on a Windows 10 PC.

I created a HEAP of songs in set lists but now Kontakt can't find my samples within Cantabile because I've moved my sample libraries to a new drive. I've pointed Cantabile to the new location, have re-loaded the libraries in Kontakt standalone but I still have the same issue.

Any suggestions, please?

9. EvilDragon

You need to open your Cantabile projects (one by one) and resolve all "samples missing" dialogs one by one, then resave the project. It's the only way. Doing this in standalone is moot, because Cantabile project doesn't refer to the NKI file on the hard drive, it stores the NKI file within itself. That's how it works in all DAWs, too.

10. chrisking497

chrisking497 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I've moved everything back to where it was for now and that's fixed it.

11. Ryan Holladay

Ryan Holladay New Member

Hi guys,

Sorry so many people are experiencing issues with this. I came here because I have too had problems with this. I tried these various work-arounds (everything from opening Kontakt as a standalone to switching the editing rights in system preferences) but sadly none of them work reliably. I've spoken to a few people on this and they said that's just sort of the deal with Kontak -- it's not reliable as a way to organize libraries and you should organize it using something outside of Native Instruments ecosystem. For instance, if you are using Ableton, saving Kontakt presets within your User Library is an easy way to keep things organized, save your preferences and have easy access to the libraries you want when you want them without having to rely on Kontakt's seemingly mercurial software.

Believe me, I'm as amazed as you all that something as basic and simple as remembering what libraries you've loaded and saving them as you prefer for easy access next time isn't something easy but it's unfortunately not (you'll find many, many posts about this problem here and other forums if you've also been down the frustrating rabbit hole on this one). Hopefully it's something they address in the future.

Good luck!

12. EliCOMPOSER

EliCOMPOSER New Member

Hi all, I have the same issue . Does anyone find the answer? THANKS

15" macbook pro retina. Logic pro x 10.4.4 . Kontakt 5 3.10.4

Always after creating project with the libraries after closing and open again all libraries are gone!(picture attached)

Attached Files:

13. EvilDragon

Is the name of the drive changing every time you turn it on? That's no good.

14. EliCOMPOSER

EliCOMPOSER New Member

Yes. how can I set Kontakt to read from the same external hard drive every time?
    THANKS

15. EvilDragon

I'm not sure how on Mac. It works just fine over here in Windows...

Are you making sure the drive is powered on before you open your Logic project?

16. EliCOMPOSER

EliCOMPOSER New Member

Yes. its a basic external hard drive. Always plugged in

17. EvilDragon

That's pretty weird. Let's see if some Mac users chime in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. EliCOMPOSER

EliCOMPOSER New Member

ok thank you.
    Maybe thats because i use old kontakt 5 ? 3.10.4

19. EvilDragon

Probably not. But it doesn't hurt to update to latest version.

20. Balazs Cserta

Balazs Cserta New Member

Hi,

I've got same problem, but for another reason.

I've got two Mac, and my libraries are on external HDD. Can I found what libraries use in the project? Because not everything is installed on same computers. If I can read for example the file rout (for example D/Kontakt Libraries/Kontakt Factory Library/Kontakt Factory Library.nicnt/tuba)
    I can isntall that library.