1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Kontakt 5 Factory Library

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by GoldenWaffle, Jul 13, 2012.

1. GoldenWaffle

GoldenWaffle New Member

I recently purchased and installed Kontakt 5, and I am curious as to whether or not the samples that are located in the library titled "Kontakt Factory Library" are where all of them are, or if they are located in a separate folder that requires me to load them in.

Thanks!

2. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

As far as I know, they are all in that folder. What makes you ask?

3. GoldenWaffle

GoldenWaffle New Member

I previously used the Kontakt 5 Player before I made the jump to the full version, and it asked me to download the free factory library. When I installed Kontakt 5, I noticed that it also said factory library. I just needed to double check to make sure everything was there.

4. DarkStar

I'm pretty sure that the Player's library is a subset of the Factory library (i.e. "Factory Library Selection").

You should be good to go.

5. Kvesti

Kvesti New Member

Is it possible to drop/uninstall/delete some parts of factory library and use other parts. I like to keep my HD reasonably empty. Factory library have parts that are useless to me and I like to get rid of them. Or is it all or nothing sort of thing? Could not find answer to this from this forum, manuals or Google.

6. Leosc

Leosc Forum Member

Go to your Kontakt 5 library path and delete the instrument+sample folders you want removed. However, it's your responsibility if you change your mind later as you'll have to reinstall the factory library from your DVDs.

7. DarkStar

... or just move those folders off to some archive disk.

Rebuild your Kontakt database too.

8. Kvesti

Kvesti New Member

Thanks. That was what I was looking for. :cool: Archiving or re-installing is not a problem. I have other libraries that do somethings better than factory library. I don't need to have those parts of factory library in my HD.