Kontakt 5 official questions thread

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Keir @ NI, Aug 1, 2011.

1. devecseri

devecseri New Member

Hey. I'm in the Heavyocity Damage patch and I'm trying to figure out a simpler way to map each sample/key to different outputs...

The groups in the group editor are all different mic sources that get stacked up, but each group spans like 8 different keys... each key has 6 different velocity samples in every mic source so there's so many samples all over the place and the only way I know how to route to different tracks is the channel routing button in the amp section of the group editor... There's just too much going on I know I'm in the right place but I can't narrow down how to just route the single key in the instrument to an individual output to go to Logic X... Might be too much of a mess to actually do what I want I would have to like rebuild the patch in a better organized way for what I'm trying to do which I'm not sure is possible...

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. A3INC

A3INC New Member

Hi everyone, im just getting into uing kontakt 5, and im trying to experiment with changing some samples around.

i ran into a problem earlier today: the time machine function works like i want it to, except one problem: quality is lost when i speed up a sample or heighten the pitch on the sample. How can i increase the quality, so that there arent any static-like noises?

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

That's how it is... There are different Time Machine modes, with TM1 and TM2 being lower quality, and TMPro being the highest quality (with additional HQ mode).

There's only so much you can do with it, and at some point you will get artifacts no matter which mode you choose.

4. aleraiders

aleraiders New Member

I just purchased K10U and installed it a few days ago...I am trying to use Kontakt 5 but it still runs in demo/trial mode I had a few weeks ago...How can I use kontakt 5? I've read about installing K10 all over again...is that the best option? I have to uninstall everything?

5. anilnc

anilnc Member

Hi,

Is it a library which runs in demo mode or kontakt itself? If library, then which library? Have you entered the k10u code in service centre and activated?

6. sostenuto

sostenuto Member

Considering seriously Komplete 11 Ultimate Update ... based heavily on Symphony Essentials and Emotive Strings content. Hoping strongly for future crossgrade path to Symphony Series from Essentials !! :thumbsup:

Major issue is not being able to position Symphony Series in mainstream competitor lineup. Understand much is personal capability and preferences, but just too new to Orchestra Libraries to have any valid sense of capabilities.
    Please help by advising CLOSEST 'quality' competitor libraries. Aware of VSL, LASS, EastWest, Spitfire, Berlin Strings,, some others, but where to initially make comparisons with Symphony Series??

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  7. SH-1

SH-1 New Member

So... I'm having this issue... I just downloaded and installed Kontakt 5.6 through the service center, but none of the vst .dlls seem to have the updated GUI. Is that intended or am I experiencing a bug? The Standalone works fine btw.

8. EvilDragon

Most likely the updated DLLs weren't placed in your actual VST folder. Always verify VST folder path when installing an update - it is written out before you accept to start the installation of the update.

9. sounds of red

sounds of red New Member

I can´t find the "Purge All" Button in Kontakt 5.6. It was right next to "Options" in 5.5 but is now gone. Am i blind, was it moved to some hidden place i don´t know or is it a bug?

Also i still have the problem that libraries keep on disappearing from the library tab. I did everyhing i was told in this forum and by the developers, but three libraries are still not working: Spitfire eDNA and SonicCouture Ondes Martentot 2 & Glassworks.

Any ideas where i can purge all and get my libraries running after years of suffering? Thanks.

10. EvilDragon

It was removed.

11. Mike Çonnelly

Mike Çonnelly NI Product Owner

So now how do you purge all?

12. EvilDragon

You don't. Or go instrument by instrument. Yeah I know, it was a lousy decision...

• Like Like x 1
  13. sounds of red

sounds of red New Member

Why would they do that? I have two machines with 128 GB full of instruments...it makes purging whole sections really annoying. Hundreds of clicks instead of 5.

I´ll go back down to 5.5, hopefully they come back to sanity with 5.7 or 6, if it will ever be released.

As PLAY is now getting better (7 years late) i thought the time with problematic samplers would be over soon. Hopefully Kontakt does not go down the drain, it´s my favorite plugin.

• Like Like x 1
  14. anilnc

anilnc Member

Hi

I accidentally saved and overwrite a patch for which I don't have backup. Its from India Discovery India Ensemble patch. Can anyone share this patch to me or tell me if there is a way to get it back to default state.

I deleted unwanted samples from the patch.

Thanks

15. Mike Çonnelly

Mike Çonnelly NI Product Owner

Huge step backwards, they better bring back purge all. Hell, I was hoping they'd go the other direction, I've been wanting a version of purge all that works across all instances of Kontakt.

16. Robbie Xponet

Robbie Xponet New Member

When I update my Kontakt 5 player I get an error in Ableton that says VST "Contact 5": The VST Plug-in could not be opened.
    the title of the error says Some plug-ins could not be loaded and are disabled please see below for details. When I load the older version 5 it works but I can't use any of the new instruments that I just purchased. I have attempted to reload the update a couple of times and still no magic. I also have resorted your forums and have not seen this issue. (maybe because it is new. Could it be that I am still using Yosemite 10? Please help!!!

17. Robert100

Robert100 New Member

Just updated and ran k5 and Instrument settings have not been carried across in projects, particularly volume.
    This is so in k5 as VSTi and using k5 instruments in komplete kontrol.
    For what its worth I do not like the new look or new functionality but have not explored all of it.
    Hopefully I will have a painfree roll back.

18. Robbie Xponet

Robbie Xponet New Member

I tricked the Contact player by loading the old version back in the normal location and loading the update into the vst plug-in folder now I can use the new vsts like Kanetic and India and it seems to work with the others as well unfortunatly This trick does not work with the Reaktor 6 because it is not an update so I still can't use that which I am not happy about.

19. Pollik

Pollik New Member

Update: the answer was in the Output Pane, Stereo channel 1, Channel Output Configuration (the button at the bottom of the panel for st.1). Instead of the default configuration for my soundcard, it needed to be reconfigured to left and right speakers.

I will leave this up here in case anyone experiences similar issues.

Newbie alert, but hoping someone can help.

I downloaded and installed the demo Kontakt 5 app, together with the library. And it works great in my daw, Reaper.

But I have problems with the standalone version. I cannot hear any sound.

I am running Win 10 and I am using Kontact's own virtual keyboard

I have tried or checked the following, but forgive if I get the terminology wrong:

• the two level meters to the right of the Solo and Mute buttons both show output.
    • the level meter on Stereo channel 1 in the Output Pane shows output.
    • if mute the intstrument, none of the level meters shows output
    • the master volume knob is turned all the way up to 36
    • Stereo channel 1 slider is turned all the way up
    • Options/Midi Input is empty
    • Options/Midi Output only displays Microsoft OS Wavetable Synth. If turned on, I get piano sound through my speaker, regardless of the instrument selected in Kontakt. If turned off, I get nothing through the speakers.
    • Options/Audio driver gives me two opptions - ASIO and WASAPI (shared mode).
    • Choosing WASAPI gives me a single device to choose - Realtek High Definition Audio, ie my soundcard
    • The soundcard driver has been updated. - still no sound out of Kontakt 5 (but it works in Reaper an other apps)
    • Choosing ASIO, gives me three devices to choose, Rig Kontrol 3, Guitar Rig Mobile I/O and Guitar Rig Session I/O, none of which work at all...not surprising because I don't have a physical ASIO using device attached to my PC.

20. GamerBoomer

GamerBoomer New Member

I have kontakt 5.6 installed working perfectly fine for the past few weeks. Now all of a sudden im not able to load libraries so i tried to verify if it was juz this new library, and removed a prev library and tried to add it back and it shows no library found for that as well. I have a project to complete and the deadline is by the end of this month and i need to get this resolved. Pls help me rectify this issue.
    I have both the nicnt, snapshots and everything necessary but it still shows no library found. HELP PLS.