Kontakt 5 official questions thread

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Keir @ NI, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Per Boysen

Per Boysen New Member

Hi,
    I'm about to move some work from a Mac OSX computer to a Windows 10(?) computer and wondering if KONTAKT's samples and NKI files can simply be lifted over to the Windows formatted drive? This would save me a lot of working hours/days.

Or will I have to download and install every sample library again to the Windows machine?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You should be able to do this, yes. But you'll have to reauthorize your Kontakt Player libraries (of course).

3. Per Boysen

Per Boysen New Member

Thank you, Evil Dragon! That option saves me lot of time.

4. sambosun

sambosun New Member

Will you consider updating Kontakt 5 to the recently updated Audio Unit v3 specifications? (macOS)
    Logic now supports AU v3
    • support for 256 virtual MIDI ports (vs only 1 in AU2)
    • Plug-ins can now crash without crashing the host (Logo Pro X)
    Thanks

5. e-snobben

e-snobben Forum Member

How many duplicate sounds are there besides "Ambibella" and "The Wagons Roll" At Night (Pads)? I hope none for the sake of NI:s reputation.

6. BayStrum47

BayStrum47 NI Product Owner

Hi out there,
    I have a question. I'm setting up a new Mac and I've downloaded Komplete Ultimate programs from the Native Access. However i own some instruments from older versions of Komplete that don't show up in Native Access. I went to Service Center and even though my serial numbers are all there they cover the whole of the Komplete library. The libraries I'm trying to add to Kontakt are: Berlin Concert Grand, New York Concert Grand, Vienna Concert Grand, and Upright Piano. I know that they have been replaced with other piano libraries but I would like to have them anyways. I was able to add them to Kontakt, but when I tried to activate them I couldn't find a serial numbers that worked. I tried Komplete 6,7,8,and 9 but none of them worked. I have all of the discs from Komplete so so I have to add these to the computer? I don't know how it would work to have and older version on the computer because Komplete 10 is already there. All my libraries are on an external disc. Do you have any ideas?

7. BayStrum47

BayStrum47 NI Product Owner

Hello again,
    n regards to my last mail. The situation seems to have resolved itself. When I started the computer and went again to Native Access, all the pianos were listed and already activated in Kontakt. So Sorry about the bother.

8. LacunaInk

LacunaInk New Member

What's the easiest way to install 3rd party plugins that are built specifically for Kontakt 5? I bought Audio Imperia's Cinematic bundle and I am quite the time getting them to work. I would have sent this to support but the NI website kept logging me out when I tried to access the support page, regardless of browser. Thanks!

9. EvilDragon

Kontakt libraries (regular ones requiring full version of Kontakt, not Kontakt Player libraries) are easy. Just put them on your hard drive and open them using Kontakt's Files browser (you'll be looking for NKI files). No special installation procedures or registration necessary.

10. e-snobben

e-snobben Forum Member

While awaiting reply from the NI support team I thought I could post my issue here as well.

11. EvilDragon

That does not happen over here. It will be your MIDI controller probably.

12. e-snobben

e-snobben Forum Member

You’re right. When using another keyboard I can’t reproduce it either. Do you have any idea of what could cause it? It’s my M-Audio Oxygen 88 that has this issue. Are there any known problems with this keyboard?

13. EvilDragon

M-Audio is not known for very high quality MIDI controllers unfortunately.

14. Ayco

Ayco New Member

In File -> Options -> Engine you can supposedly change the "Dault Volume for new instrument and volume reset". But I can edit neither of these two fields. When one of them is highlighted, they still do not respond to keyboard input. Nor does anything happen when I double-click on them. But when I move out of these fields, I get an alert telling me to restart Kontakt for the changes to take effect - even though nothing has changed. I CAN change the value of the drop-down list below these fields. Am I missing something?

15. EvilDragon

You cannot type values there. You only have those two predefined values and that's it.

16. Ayco

Ayco New Member

Thanks for super swift reply

17. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

Kontakt 5 update supposedly added guitar models and distortions.
    I thought the only guitar models were in Guitar Rig 5???

18. EvilDragon

Kontakt already had some effects from Guitar Rig in it (Twang amp, Skreamer). These are just a few extra ones added now.