1. Bringing more to our online community - our forum is moving soon!
    We're excited to share more about our plans and information about the future of our online community
    Check our latest update in this thread
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're celebrating 25 years of Native Instruments this year, and that means a free Play Series instrument, limited edition hardware, and a competition on Metapop with a ton of prizes!

You can find all the information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Kontakt 5 Player shows DEMO on instruments?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Steve_Karl, Aug 26, 2017.

1. mrjonty

mrjonty New Member

Hi Blindeddie, Its the NI libraries that are in demo mode, as you scroll down each one has the activate indicator top right I am using this as stand alone at the moment in Kontact 5 as I haven't tried to integrate it into Reaper as yet, I'm on a windows 10 OS, Thanks for your reply

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  2. Fernando Civeira

Fernando Civeira New Member

Hi! I have Kontakt Full Version. I just bough a third partie instrument, Virtuoso Ensamble, and appears as Demo Mode when I open a Instrument Track on my DAW (Digital Performer 9) I can play, but in a while stops and says Time for Demo Mode is over, I click on Activate and open Native Acces but I can't see there this instrument. What should I do? Thanks

3. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

can you post a screenshot of the Kontakt interface? Also, I looked at the product website, but could not find any specific install instructions... were you provided a serial number when you purchased the library? And have you tried opening Kontakt in stand-alone mode?

4. Fernando Civeira

Hi! I just reboot the MacPro and disappear the DEMO mode legend...

Attached Files:

5. Blindeddie

6. Fernando Civeira

Thanks anyway!

7. Blindeddie

No Problem, glad its solved!

8. Jeffrey Newton

Jeffrey Newton New Member

I just installed Kontakt Player. I want to purchase Scarbee Rhodes, which ships with it and says it runs on it.

But does it?

Or will it just run in DEMO mode on Kontakt Player and time out after 15 minutes?

Which means that to actually use Scarbee Rhodes, one must buy (in addition to the $100 software plug-in itself), the $400 full boat Kontakt, just to play ONE plug in?

(I know Kontakt plays a kazillion plug-ins, but I only want Scarbee for the moment).

Is this the case, or will Scarbee actually run, NOT in DEMO mode, on Kontakt Player?

Thank you!

9. Blindeddie

What does the product description/specifications say? (Provide a link to it as I could not find “Scarbee Rhodes” specifically) if it says it runs on player, it should run fine in player...

10. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It works in Player.

11. Jeffrey Newton

Thank you. Here's the link (it's actually named "EP-88 - there is an older version named "Scarbee Mark 1":

https://scarbee.com/products/scarbee-classic-ep-88s?variant=31893495185470

It does say "Player."

12. Jeffrey Newton

Cool! Thank you; now I can purchase in confidence.

If you know is "Scarbee EP-88" one of the "qualifying" plug-ins that enable the full boat Kontakt discount?

13. EvilDragon

Pretty much any Player library enables it.

14. Jeffrey Newton

I see that the earlier edition of the Scarbee Rhodes ("Mark I," I have a real one...) is included in Komplete.

I also don't see it for sale on Scarbee's site; it must be a legacy product.

So...

Does anybody know if the purchase of EP-88 qualifies for a discount of either Kontakt or Komplete?

Ditto the Scarbee Jay Bass ... some other Scarbee bases (Rickenbacker) are included in Komplete, but not the Jay Bass.

Thanks...

15. EvilDragon

As mentioned, pretty much any Player library counts towards Kontakt crossgrade.

16. Jeffrey Newton

Good to know. Thank you!