1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Kontakt 5 quick way to make a patch polyphonic?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by dcrand, Oct 8, 2019.

1. dcrand

dcrand New Member

Hi, here's a dumb question in need of a quick answer which for some reason I can't find readily in the manual. If I load a fairly simple sample patch into Kontakt 5 that is built to be monophonic, is there a quick way to make it polyphonic in the rack editor? There's no button or switch on the provided interface to make this change.

Thanks, dc

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Depends which patch it is... Some have a button for that on the scripted interface. For some, you need to change the max polyphony number. For others, you go in the edit view and see if there's a script in there that does the monophonic behavior. There's also voice groups that could be used for this, in Group Editor...

3. dcrand

dcrand New Member

No voice groups assigned in the Group editor, and I couldn't see anything in the interface script that isn't about presets, knobs and reverb. Hmm.

4. EvilDragon

So check all 5 script slots, maybe there's a mono mode script somewhere there. Which instrument is this?

5. dcrand

dcrand New Member

Bigcat IDK 1609 violin. A long sought after NON vibrato violin! (Would there were more!)
    The three occupied script slots are for the interface, articulation and legato, but the last two are only screen layouts, I couldn't find any scripting per se in those slots. Thanks for your time replying. if I could just get a double stop out of the thing it would make my day!

6. EvilDragon

Yes, the legato script would make it monophonic. If you bypass that one you should have it polyphonic. Unfortunately you cannot MIDI learn script bypass. Maybe if you need a double-stop, just load the same patch twice, then set the other one to a different MIDI channel, then you can double-stop at will.

7. dcrand

dcrand New Member

Bypassing the legato script just made it not play after the first note! I loaded just a single sample near the pitch range I needed as a separate patch looking at the same MIDI channel and it gave me what I needed at the moment (a simple 2 note drone). Next job with actual money attached should go toward a good string patch with a non vibrato option - thanks for looking at it!