Kontakt 5, urban beats: 8 x single output (DAW Reaper)

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by blommberg, Jul 17, 2019.

1. blommberg

blommberg New Member

Hi! I managed single outputs for the fabulous kpr77 in Kontakt, it was rather hard work for me.
    Now I would like to manage a similar thing for "urban beats", factory content. But I do not really want a hundred single outputs / tracks but only exactly eight (8) which should refer to the eight slots of urban beats surface. (These eight slots do contain different instruments depending which performance is being used, so I would name them simply 1 -8 and not kick, snare, ...).
    Hope you know what I mean. Perhaps someone has already built it an can send me the preset? [blommberg.inc@web.de]

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You cannot do this with Urban Beats because those loops are actually sequenced individual drumhits.

3. blommberg

blommberg New Member

What a pity. Thanks!
    Oh stop - why then is it possible to build groups for single instruments which can be routed to single outs? Its a contradiction, isnt it?

4. EvilDragon

It's not a contradiction, it just depends how the instrument is created and how it works internally. In this case, the 8 loops that you have in Urban Beats are NOT samples, but stored patterns in the script, which trigger oneshot samples as I've explained already. So you can definitely route individual kitpiece samples to separate outputs, but not the 8 loops themselves.

5. blommberg

blommberg New Member

Ok, thank you. So there is no way to achieve my idea? This is really a bad thing, I like this urban beats a lot. :(

6. EvilDragon

That is what I said in the first response :)

Well, there's a hacky workaround - you could load the same patch 8 times, and set every patch to a different output... Of course, trigger them from different MIDI channels so that things don't mix up.

7. blommberg

blommberg New Member