Kontakt 6.2.0 Update Crashes

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Marsen, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Marsen

Marsen New Member

Hello all,

just installed the very new Kontakt 6.2.0 (R41) Update on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.
    I was happy to read the fix on the batch resave crashes.
    So I did a fresh batch resave with the standalone Kontakt. Guess what happened?

Kontakt crashed!
    What´s going on here? Waitet months to use batch resave and now?

Greetz
    Marsen

• Like Like x 1
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Which library? Also, you're positive that it's running 6.2.0 (click the KONTAKT logo in top left to verify)?

3. Marsen

Marsen New Member

Library was Zero-G, EVI 2.0. Yes, I clicked the logo saying 6.2.0 (R41).

• Like Like x 1
  4. fleetphoenix

fleetphoenix New Member

Kontakt 6.2.0 is crashing in Win 10 64 bit immediately after update. Standalone and plug-in (Pro Tools Ultimate) versions both crashing.

Tried a manual reinstall and same issue. Immediately crashes, error pop-up box: "Kontakt has encountered a major problem and has been terminated." I have to manually terminate the Kontakt instance.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2019
  5. EvilDragon

Confirmed and reported to Kontakt dev team.

I cannot confirm standalone crashing here on open, unfortunately. Don't use PT so can't confirm AAX crash, but VST is loading just fine.

6. Marsen

Marsen New Member

Next incident happend:

Trying to load Embertone free Arcane Library into Kontakt Standalone made Kontakt crash.
    Right before crashing, it says: "This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed"
    I copied the automatically generated report for apple, and added it hear.

Attached Files:

7. EvilDragon

That one I cannot confirm, Arcane works just fine over here.

8. Marsen

Marsen New Member

Ok. I made a second fresh download & installation. Nothing changed. Its Vers 1.01.
    The nki file is called "Arcane 1.01.nki"

9. EvilDragon

I know, I have it too. No crash.

10. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

CANT GET ARKANE TOO WORK..i keep getting a error message saying ..this instrument belongs too a library which is not installed..how do I fix this please.

11. Yaron @ NI

Yaron @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello everyone, Yaron here the QA for the Kontakt platform.

- It seems that the batch resave was not fully fixed as we intended, we are having a second look and have an idea what is still broken.

- This issue with Arcane caught my eye and after investigating I think I understand what's up. The current download from Embertone website does not include a serial as it seems, this confused me at first as well - this is a free library but it is an official Kontakt Player library meaning it needs to be activated with a serial through Native Access. Once I did that, the issue went away. In any case a crash should not occur under any circumstance and we will investigate this further.

12. EvilDragon

I've spoken with Alex from Embertone, they are on top of the situation regarding Arcane and serials, it's midnight on West Coast now, they'll have it sorted in the morning.

13. Marsen

Marsen New Member

Yes, I can confirm that it was the missing serial and not a problem by Kontakt. 6.2.
    Embertone has now new serials and Arcane is working fine.
    So, for any of you, who had the same problem with Arcane, the solution is:

Go back to the Embertone hp, get Arcane again. This time, your receipt includes a serial number for Native Access.
    Go to Native Access, Add a new serial number by copy the one, which came with your embertone receipt.
    Now, you just have to tell Native Access, where are your Arcane library is located.
    That´s it. Have fun!

14. RobertSC

RobertSC New Member

I'm on Kontakt 6.2.1 and it's still crashing on macOS 10.15.1 when trying to batch resave native NI libraries, for example "George Duke Soul Treasures Library". Also seeing most of the Komplete "Symphony" libraries getting stuck (but not crashing) when trying to perform a batch resave on them. I've been reinstalling some of the problematic libraries to see if it makes any difference, so far none, even a fresh install of the "Kontakt Factory Library" is crashing when performing a batch re-save.

15. Yaron @ NI

Yaron @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Roberto,

This issue was not included in the 6.2.1 hotfix. However, this has been addressed and will be included in the upcoming 6.2.2 release.