KONTAKT 6.2 Upgrade HIGH CPU USAGE

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by ringersoll23, Nov 15, 2019.

1. ringersoll23

ringersoll23 New Member

Hi. I just upgraded Kontakt for the first time since owning it, I installed it when I purchased the bundle about a month ago. Anyhow I'm a little hesitant to upgrade things but it said it had a lot of good new features so I did, now my CPU usage is upwards of ninety percent plane very very small even self-made 3 sample instruments.
    I've used it enough and I watch it that this has spiked to about 10x it's normal use. Obviously there's new effects I have fabfilter and some other great effects but I like to be able to add them to contact itself so anyways is there a way to either backtrack the install or fix this. It is unplayable right now it is but with one or two keys in ETHEREAL which never took more than four 5% full plane now I'm getting 70% hitting one key.
    a couple of questions people may have yes it is doing it the same inside my dog FL Studio and stand-alone. I've checked in all the settings are the same. if someone could help me I would really appreciate it. I don't even know what virgin I had before it I just knew it was 6. I found a download for 6.0 for but I think it was a 6.1 something. But then again I'd like to be able to use the new one just not like this... Sad thing is in the last week I've purchased over 30 libraries as omnisphere has grown stale on me. Plus I needed some great pianos.
    Thank you all
    Richard

2. Yaron @ NI

Yaron @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi,

It is hard to understand your issue without clearer information. There should be no performance difference between Kontakt 6.1.1 and 6.2.0 when used in the same scenario as far as we are aware.