Kontakt 6.7.0 crashing Cubase 11 and 12 on Windows 10 PC

granttj
granttj Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Cubase crashes when I exit Kontakt. Kontakt standalone generates error message when exiting. I have tried Kontakt solution wizard for Windows crashes but it does not fix problem. Attached is crash log file. Please help?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• granttj
    Answer ✓

Per the support ticket response, I have tried the following:

(1) Open the Windows software management: “Control Panel => Programs and Features”.

Select the Microsoft package Visual C ++ 2015 and / or 2017 Redistributable (x64) with the right mouse button and click on “Change”. In the next window, click the “Repair” button.

If Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 and / or 2017 Redistributable (x86) is installed, proceed in the same way.

Check if the software is now working.

Result: Kontakt still crashing DAW

(2) De- / Reinstallation of all Microsoft Visual C++ packages

(3) Use Windows System File Checker (SFC), (command-line tool designed to scan the integrity and restore missing or corrupted system files) to fix possible file problems

Next step which I have not tried yet is to reinstall Windows.

• granttj
    Answer ✓

I reinstalled Windows, Cubase and Kontakt (without re-downloading Kontakt libraries where possible). Problem appears to be fixed. Cubase no longer crashes when exiting Kontakt. Still have much work to do to restore PC. Major hassle but perhaps there is some good to come of it. I have done a better job backing up my presets and Quickload structure using image shots. Hopefully my PC will now run a bit better. 

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

This is a longshot (because this solution was used to fix Kontakt crashing on open, not on exit), but navigate to C:\Users\<your username>AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt\Db\

and delete the two kontaktdb2_56 files in there, see if that helps?

• granttj

The path was slightly different than what you listed: AppData\Link\Local instead of AppData\Local and there was only one kontaktdb2_56 file there. The other file was a Factory.kdb.cache file which I left alone. I deleted the one file. Cubase still crashed after closing Kontakt.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@granttj Saw that you raised a support ticket. Pls keep us updated when you find a solution. 🙏

• granttj
    Answer ✓

Per the support ticket response, I have tried the following:

(1) Open the Windows software management: “Control Panel => Programs and Features”.

Select the Microsoft package Visual C ++ 2015 and / or 2017 Redistributable (x64) with the right mouse button and click on “Change”. In the next window, click the “Repair” button.

If Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 and / or 2017 Redistributable (x86) is installed, proceed in the same way.

Check if the software is now working.

(2) De- / Reinstallation of all Microsoft Visual C++ packages

(3) Use Windows System File Checker (SFC), (command-line tool designed to scan the integrity and restore missing or corrupted system files) to fix possible file problems

Next step which I have not tried yet is to reinstall Windows.

• granttj
    Answer ✓

I reinstalled Windows, Cubase and Kontakt (without re-downloading Kontakt libraries where possible). Problem appears to be fixed. Cubase no longer crashes when exiting Kontakt. Still have much work to do to restore PC. Major hassle but perhaps there is some good to come of it. I have done a better job backing up my presets and Quickload structure using image shots. Hopefully my PC will now run a bit better.