Kontakt 6 not appearing in Cubase

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Surf Digby, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Surf Digby

Surf Digby New Member

Evening all

For a while now I've been using Kontakt Player 5 in Cubase, absolutely no problems.

As there's 50% off at the moment, I figured it was a good time to go full Kontakt and bought Kontakt 6.

If I open it from the desktop as a standalone, K6 works fine. However, when I load up Cubase I still only have KP5 listed. K6 doesn't appear in the Instrument VST list at all.

I've uninstalled KP5 in case this was causing an issue, but it still appears in the VST list. If I go to it I get a window asking if I want to demo, buy, or activate Kontact 5.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Check the VSTPlugins folder and make sure Kontakt 6 (which is called just "Kontakt") is there?

3. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

I don't know if it'll make a difference, but after installing a new product you're supposed to run the Komplete Kontrol software.

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Not if you just want to run Kontakt.

5. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

Yep in cubase it just says kontakt not kontakt 6 I was in same boat when I used cubase 10 it's weird there's no number hope ni fix this so it shows kontakt 6

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It won't be changed - from now on it's going to just say "Kontakt".

In some DAWs you can rename the plugins, though, so there's that. Not sure if Cubase offers that option. Would be weird if not, but then again, Steinberg can do weird things. :)

7. Surf Digby

Surf Digby New Member

I with it were that simple.

[​IMG]

Here's my desktop, with Kontakt 6 (not a number, is a free man) under the space where Kontakt Player 5 was.

[​IMG]

Here's the list of instruments in Cubase, in (more or less alphabetical order). There's no Kontakt without a number, but it still thinks Kontakt 5 (which was only Kontakt Player 5) is there.

[​IMG]

If I try and select Kontakt (Player) 5, then I get this screen and it's all "ha ha, you've got nothing! Screw you!".

I did try downloading Kontakt Player 6, so that I'd hopefully get a 6 version of this screen and I could activate the full Kontakt.

8. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

if your not seeing kontakt 6 in Cubase goto your vst manager and see if its there it could have been blacklisted.if its not there but its installed then the kontakt 6 dll file is somewere were Cubase hasn't scanned .I had same issue a few months ago and I found the dll file installed into a incorrect folder so all I did was drag it to the correct folder and Cubase rescanned and found it.

9. Surf Digby

Surf Digby New Member

Mr Waxxy, this one is for you.

[​IMG]