Kontakt and high resolution monitors

Discussion in 'Computer Technology and Setup' started by rrichard63, Jun 1, 2017.

1. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

I'm running Windows 7 Professional and currently have a 22 inch 1600 x 1200 video monitor. I want to get a higher resolution monitor - 2.5K or 4K --but am very worried about not being able to read the Kontakt GUI. As far as I can tell, Windows DPI scaling doesn't affect it at all. There are other programs with the same issue, but Kontakt is by far the most important to me.

I'd like to hear from folks who are using Kontakt on high resolution monitors. What screen size and resolution do you have? Are you able to read the text? From what distance? Does the DPI scaling in Windows 10 affect Kontakt? (If so, I could upgrade.) Have you found any software tools other than the magnifier tool build into to Windows that help with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Bob Richard

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

3. Asteryx

Asteryx NI Product Owner

I use a Dell U3415W at 3440x1440 and I have no issues making out the text in Kontakt. Granted, Kontakt does not use up the entire real estate but tweaking knobs within the app and changing parameters is no problem. I sit about 2' 8" (32cm) away. And Yes, DPI scaling does increase the Kontakt interface size. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017