1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Kontakt and polyphonic aftertouch?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by command_shift, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. command_shift

command_shift NI Product Owner

Hi, does Kontakt support true polyphonic aftertouch to modulate e.g. volume, LFO speed and depth etc?

2. liv

liv NI Product Owner

Yes, Kontakt support both mono and poly aftertouch.

3. vic_france

vic_france NI Product Owner

Yes it works, but there's an annoying bug in its implementation, but fortunately there's a workaround...
    You'll find that all notes in each keyzone react to pp messages from any note within that keyzone (i.e. as one would expect channel aftertouch to perform). The workaround is to reduce each keyzone to a single note, then copy/paste as many times as necessary to "fill in the gaps". Polyphonic aftertouch then works normally! I reported this to tech support just too late for the 1.5.3 update, but hopefully they'll fix it for the next.

4. command_shift

command_shift NI Product Owner

Thanks for tip. As I'm new to Kontakt could you also let me know if I can set poly aftertouch to modulate LF0 rate and depth?

5. vic_france

vic_france NI Product Owner

Yes you can.
    On the LFO module itself, click on the little "+" sign near the bottom left, and then from the pop-up, select "External Sources>Poly Aftertouch".On the right of the module, select either "Frequency" or one of the two "Intensity" options (use "Intensity Add" if you want some LFO effect even before adding the poly aftertouch). Juggle with the horizontal faders on both the LFO module and the module to which you are applying LFO, to suit your taste.
    If you want to apply poly aftertouch to both LFO speed and LFO depth, just click a second time on the LFO's little "+" sign, and set up that second modulation source accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.