1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Kontakt Demo - noise! & EIII import?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by TB242, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TB242

TB242 New Member

Hi!

Yesterday I tried the demo version of Kontakt, so far I'm very pleased with its functions & sound. Two things I've noticed:

1. from time to time there is some (pink? white?) noise coming from my soundcard ... is this what the Readme mentions with "distortion"? This doesn't happen in the full version, right?

2. the lack of an option to import E-mu EIII libraries, not to mention the E4 libraries. Any chance to see this features in a future update?

Thanks for some info :)

Best regards,
    Thomas-Lars
    TB242

2. liv

liv NI Product Owner

1. I havent tried the demo, but I can tell you theres no dist burps in the real thing.

2. Kontakt allready supports so many formats. Is there any other soft sampler that supports as many formats as Kontakt do?

If you really need a convertion tool/software with many supported formats, then check out cdxtract or similar.

FAKTISMALOGIK
    and heres for you who have tried my other links...
    http://www.mp3.com/MikaelAdle

3. liv

liv NI Product Owner

Ooh...I allmost forgot...hopefully of course we will see more formats that Kontakt can convert, like EMU etc.

Play and pray, pray and play

4. Ben Hu

Ben Hu Forum Member

The 'pink' noise is from the demo only and is what's referred to in the Readme file.

There was a message on this board that hinted at being able to import EIII banks... something like "Emulator imports aren't working yet". I hope that this is implemented since I'm coming from racks of E4's. I use Halion to do the imports (to get the samples really) but currently do not have a way to import settings into Kontakt.

5. TB242

TB242 New Member

Hi!

Thanks for the input :)

I'd really appreciate the option of importing EIII / E4 libraries, since most of my CD-ROMs are that format (going to change from a rack, too); I had no problems (so far) with importing Akai S-1000 CDs.
    Halion offers support of EIII? Actually I don't want to buy more than one software for that purpose ... and I think Kontakt is soundwise the right software for me.

I will join the club and order my copy of Kontakt on Monday ;-) can hardly wait since the demo lacks a save function.

Best regard,
    Thomas-Lars
    TB242

6. Ben Hu

Ben Hu Forum Member

Yes, Halion has an EIII import but it's really only useful for getting the samples off of the Emu proprietary disks. You can import off of any connected drive, not just CDS. Key maps come across fine but filters and envelopes don't seem to translate well. I'm hoping the Kontakt E3 import (if it will exist) works better.

7. TB242

TB242 New Member

Buying new library, import existing ;-)

I managed some imports from a demo GigaStudio library into Kontakt ... worked fine so far. Is there a difference between GigaStudio and GigaSampler in the file description?

What would be the best "non-Kontakt" format to buy when looking for new CDs to use with Kontakt?

Greetings,
    Thomas-Lars
    TB242

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.