Kontakt Factory Library - extending sounds.

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by OzMaz, May 19, 2019.

1. OzMaz

OzMaz NI Product Owner

Hi Folks,

I am using Dorico to score a choir piece and am using the choir samples out of the Kontakt Factory Library..

In the current work, the range of the Soprano and Bass are not sufficient. Soprano at the low end and Bass at the high end.
    The missing notes for Soprano are: A2, A#2 and B2.
    The missing notes for the Bass are: B2, C3,C#3,D3,D#3 and D3.

I have solved the problem by copying notes from the other voices. Alto notes into Soprano and Tenor notes into Bass which works just fine.

My question is: How do I save the modifications that I have made, so that I can use the new sounds at a later date?

Thanks.

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Just save them as a new NKI with a modified name.

3. OzMaz

OzMaz NI Product Owner

4. EvilDragon

Saving is a pretty basic operation in just about any program, though. There's the floppy disk icon on the top toolbar of Kontakt. If you're in instrument editing mode, there's a quite clearly visible Save button in top right...

5. OzMaz

OzMaz NI Product Owner

Yes, saving is a pretty basic operation and I apologise if I'm not as familiar with Kontakt as I should be. I'm just a simple user that finds the defaults just fine, so I just accept things as they are.
    In the choir situation, the samples I have didn't match my need so I had to explore.
    Maybe it's me, but the interface is rather busy, functional but not entirely obvious, there's a lot going on. I don't understand all the file extensions used by Kontakt and how they are made or created. I just don't want to muck up my computer by destroying something. I'm just being careful.
    Thanks again for replying, I appreciate that.

6. EvilDragon

It's great that you're being careful, mind you!

If you want to understand more about how Kontakt is laid out and the file formats etc., the reference manual is a good read :)