1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Kontakt - No Library Found

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Aaron Garner, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Aaron Garner

Aaron Garner NI Product Owner

I tried relocating the factory Kontakt library and now I get "No Library Found." I copied the Factory Library to an external hard drive and then removed the library from the browser window in Kontakt. I thought I could just re-add the library, but now I'm getting the error message. I even tried adding it back from the original location (haven't deleted it yet), but that doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Nierm

Nierm NI Product Owner

In your Kontakt browser, where it says "No Library Found.", click on the reel and you'll find 'Locate libray' to re-locate.
    upload_2015-11-23_11-52-39.png

3. Aaron Garner

The problem is that I don't have the Kontakt library GUI. I removed the library thinking I could get it back after I changed where the library lives. Now I just get a dialog box that says "No Library Found" and there aren't any choices to open a folder.

Attached Files:

4. Nierm

Nierm NI Product Owner

ok, if you get this message when you try to re-import a library, maybe you do not point to the correct folder.
    Did you make sure you have the nicnt file in this folder ?

5. Aaron Garner

Nierm,

Thank you for the replies. Yes I did point to the correct folder with the .nicnt file in it.

Aaron

6. Nierm

Nierm NI Product Owner

It works with quick load ?
    Did you make the nicnt file yourself as a custom library ?

Also, the user interface GUI is not located with the library files.

You should get the folder structure and files from you original dvd and re-install

7. Aaron Garner

I can load the instruments by navigating to the .nki files just fine. The problem is I can't get the library loaded in the left column where it shows all of the libraries and the associated graphic - see screenshot. Since I can get to the sounds, I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd like the library to show up when I select the library tab. When I click on "Add Library" I get "No Library Found." All I did was delete the library from the Kontakt browser and then relocate the Factory Library folder to an external hard drive. Even when I point back to the original library on my internal hard drive I get the error message.

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 10.26.48 AM.png

8. Nierm

Nierm NI Product Owner

did you double check in standalone mode ?
    reboot computer ?
    delete and re-copy the nicnt from original ?

sorry, I don't have a magic solution at this point....

9. Aaron Garner

NI solved the problem. They sent me a new .nicnt file which lives in the Kontakt Factory Library folder. I replaced the old one and voila!
    Thanks for trying to help me solve the problem.

Aaron

10. Nierm

Nierm NI Product Owner

Great !

11. Aaron Garner

I got this email from NI today.

The aftertouch issue will be resolved with a new update to the firmware. This
    update will be available soon. We will inform you once it is available.

I must say that NI support has been very good.

Aaron

12. GamerBoomer

GamerBoomer New Member

Well im having the same trouble. I have kontakt 5.6 installed working perfectly fine for the past few weeks. Now all of a sudden im not able to load libraries so i tried to verify if it was juz this new library, and removed a prev library and tried to add it back and it shows no library found for that as well. I have a project to complete and the deadline is by the end of this month and i need to get this resolved. Pls help me rectify this issue.
    I have both the nicnt snapshots and everything necessary but it still shows no library found. HELP PLS.

13. Aaron Garner

It's not an ideal way to work but can you load individual patches? Perhaps you can go back to the previous version of Kontakt. The solution for me was having NI email a new .nicnt file and it worked. Perhaps somebody can email you the file. I didn't upgrade so I don't have the file. Also, did you trash preferences? I hope you solve it.