Kontakt player does not accept my patches

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Ake Parmerud, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Ake Parmerud

Ake Parmerud New Member

When I load one of my instruments/multis in Kontakt player they get a "Demo" sign and I am asked to "activate" them. This is weird! Is Kontakt player only for commercialized products or am I doing something wrong? I tried both monolith and patch + samples format. Same result... I made my instruments in Kontakt 4 but I (obviously today) need to open them in Kontakt player 6. I have an installation project coming up and I see no reason why I should have to buy a full Kontakt software just to play these sounds...

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Any libraries created by you would need the full version of Kontakt to work without going into Demo Mode. It is a developer licensing requirement to have libraries run in the Player without going into Demo Mode. You purchase the right to open any library when you buy the full Kontakt version, but any created by you will only run in demo mode in the player unless you have a licensing agreement with NI. This is done to prevent third party developers from creating full blown libraries based on the Kontakt engine and the charge for those libraries without NI being compensated for the development of the engine.

3. Ake Parmerud

Ake Parmerud New Member

Ok thanx. I suspected it was like that. Too bad for me :(