Kontakt suddenly not working in Studio One

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Natalia Shmueli, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Natalia Shmueli

Natalia Shmueli New Member

Hi! First time poster, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong area. I use Studio One as my main DAW and have used Kontakt in it for months. Suddenly, Kontakt (and all Native Instrument programs) cannot be loaded and it "failed to load Kontakt". I haven't touched the settings, I uninstalled and reinstalled Kontakt, I've rescanned multiple times and reset the blacklist, nothing seems to work. I have a school music project due soon and it'll be bad if I can't complete it. Thank you so much! Plugin Scanner.png

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Not sure. Do launch Native Access and make sure it's fully updated. Ditto with Studio One.

3. Natalia Shmueli

Yes, both are updated to the newest version. I even tried reinstalling Kontakt. I might do the same with Studio One

4. Mario DeLaura

Mario DeLaura NI Product Owner

Make sure that Studio One is looking in the right folder for your Kontakt DLs. Also make sure that your system is virus, spyware and malware clean. School systems are notorious for having viruses and such loaded onto connected computers. If you are on a PC I have a list of free programs to clean a computer of bugs, just let me know.

5. Natalia Shmueli

I haven't touched the folders but I made sure it's still selected on the correct computer. This is a personal computer and is virus free as I get AVG Internet Security from my father.

6. Mario DeLaura

I would still DL the following free programs and run them in this order:
    1-cCleaner (only run temp removal part - DO NOT run the clean registry part)
    2-rKill (Root Kill)
    3-ADW Cleaner

#2 and #3 can catch things other anti-programs can miss.

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

CCleaner won't do anything to help either Kontakt or S1, tho.

8. Natalia Shmueli

Well, I tried it anyways and it didn't do anything, sadly. It was a good try, though

9. Mario DeLaura

Yes I know. I just wanted to get all of the temp files out for the following programs. This would save some time.

10. gbrown44

gbrown44 NI Product Owner

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the same issue. The funny thing is the behavior is only as such with Studio One. I have Cubase and FL and they do not have this problem. Kontakt 6 shows up fine in there. I also notice that I can run Kontakt inside of S1 inside of Komplete, however it does not show in S1's list of Instruments.