Kontakt version 5.4.3.307 Memory Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by Patrick1971, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Patrick1971

Patrick1971 New Member

Hi there, I wanted to ask if anybody else is getting these messages when running kontakt in cubase 7.5.30.

I loaded 5 instruments with a total of 5 mb of ram space and when i loaded another instrument i got this.

Error: could not load sample (no big enough memory block available)

Panic: Could not allocate enough memory.
    Application is likely to become unstable

Which i thought was strange since i have 32gig of ram.

I upped the crash log to NI. And tried to find a solution for the problem.

I downloaded the update of kontakt 5.4.3.307 and installed it manually.

https://co.native-instruments.com/?id=updates

Then i started testing Cubase 7.5.30 again and the problem was gone.

The only strange thing is that i now have two versions of kontakt.

Stand Alone Version 5.4.3.307

VSTi Version 5.4.2.245

I know it's not the way it's supposed to be but i am happy for now.

Now waiting for a response from the Technical Service of NI.

Greetz,

Patrick

2. 1stgecco

1stgecco NI Product Owner

Hi,Check the C7/ Steinbergs internal 7.5 VST Folder -the one that contains Steinis native VSTs !
    My earlier Kontakt update to Kontakt 542 wrote it to this folder ,the next Kontakt update 543 related to the "real" VST folder which is one below Program folder "Steinberg" and not one deeper inside C7.5 or C7 or C( what ever you have there ! Therefore the Kontakt5 wasn´t updated correctly -only the 8out,16out ,surround version of it, not the K5 itself. That kept to 542. reinstall 543 and choose the correct folder during install, then delete the 542 from steinies native vst folder
    Greetz
    Peter

3. Freddie H

Freddie H NI Product Owner

Sounds to me you running either Cubase in x32bit or Kontakt in x32.
    Make sure you use the x64 version of Cubase 7.5 and the x64 version of Kontakt.

If not, that explains the memory issue.

Best regards
    Freddie

4. William98

William98 Member

Yes, as Freddie said, very likely cubase is calling the 32 bit plugin. Cubase bug: you can't keep it from finding and using the 32bit plugin, so you basically have to find and delete them or rename them something other than .dll. Kontakt bug: you can't tell which one is being used .. would be great if the kontakt plugin identified itself as 32 bit or 64 bit.

5. Freddie H

As I said earlier I have zero problems so far with Kontakt 5.

Are you sure you all use the x64bit versions of all your softwares?
    I only have the x64 versions install on my systems and I have no problems loading projects and samples with over 6-9 GB RAM or sometimes even more using Cubase PRO 8 x64.

If you use the x32bit version of Kontakt or of Cubase or other DAWs, that explains the problems and issues you all experience. I would suggest you un-install all and anything called x32bit on your systems. And in the future, don't bother install legacy VST x32bit softwares on your setup.

Best Regards
    Freddie

6. William98

William98 Member

Well, just to take Kontakt as an example: in the installation there is no option to disallow 32 bit plugins being installed. So, yes, deleting them is a good plan. It's just that it appears for many many people including me getting to this point of understanding caused a lot of grief and wasted time.

7. Freddie H

8. Patrick1971

Patrick1971 New Member

Thanks for all the reply's. I will check it out. ;)