1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Kontakt VST3 inside of KOMPLETE KONTROL

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Adil @ NI, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

KONTAKT 6.6.0 introduces a new VST3 plug-in target. If you have updated to KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.6.1 or MASCHINE 2.14 (which were released last week), loading a preset from a KONTAKT-based instrument (such as Butch Vig Drums, India or The Gentleman) via the browser will instantiate the VST3 version of KONTAKT (prior to the recent updates, the VST2 would be instantiated).

Whilst we are confident that the VST3 version of Kontakt is functionally identical to the VST2 version when hosted inside of KOMPLETE KONTROL and MASCHINE, the vast number of instruments built on Kontakt means that there may be issues that we haven’t yet discovered. As such, we would like to encourage all users to share feedback to help us identify and fix bugs. When doing so, please let us know your operating system, versions of KONTAKT, MASCHINE & KOMPLETE KONTROL used, and which KONTAKT library / instrument led to the issue.

Please note that it is still possible to manually select KONTAKT VST2 using the plug-in dropdown selector:
    [​IMG]
    If you encounter issues that you are not able to resolve, please get in touch with our Customer Support team.

Best,
    The Music Production Team

• Like Like x 1
  2. nightjar

nightjar Active Member

Great News!
    And as a sidetone, Digital Performer 11 released today with NKS!

3. Jon Watte

Jon Watte NI Product Owner

I'd just like to say: Thanks for updating Kontakt to VST3!

4. Blue Tigersharc

Blue Tigersharc New Member

I realize this is targeting those who use Komplete Kontrol and any issues as a result of updating. I'm wondering if my issue within Maschine 2 software with both the Maschine Mk3 and Maschine plus in controller mode are suffering from this issue as well. I am having problems loading Kontakt and and the instruments in Kontakt in the Maschine 2 software. I'm not sure if this is also because of the VST 2/ VST 3 issue.

I'm using Maschine 2 software v. 2.14.3 / Kontakt software v. 6.6.1
    My computer is an: iMac 21 inch. Late 2015 / 2.8 GHz intel Core i5 / 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR 3 / OS Mojave v. 10.14.6

Hopefully this is a simple fix. Thank you if anyone is able to assist in resolving this issue.