Kontakt

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by Heidelx, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heidelx

Heidelx NI Product Owner

I THINK ITS NOT OKAY TO GET ANGRY BEFORE THE DAY IS EXPIRET
    11/2003 BOT IT IS NOW!!!!! DECEMBER 3!!! WE ARE YOUR COSTUMERS
    JUST WRITE A NOTE I HAVE BYE THE KOMPAKT 3 WEEKS AGO
    I CAN WORK !!!!!!! I NEED OSX YOU KEEP OS IN JAIL ALL YOU HAVE TO
    IS JUST WRITE OS A MAIL

From HeidelX

2. Panzermensch

Panzermensch NI Product Owner

I bought it in JULY with an Sticker "Free OSX-Update". I gave it back to the Dealer last Wekk and someone said that Native Instruments definetley will not release any kind of OSX-Update for Kompakt in the Future cause they stop the support for that Product! Sad but true I think!

3. Robse

Robse NI Product Owner

If your statement is true this would be a fair swindle. So in case of this statement it should be better for NI to post an official Notice what`s going on with the Kompakt OSX Update. I`m going to wait for two weeks. If not it goes back ti NI directly with a nice letter from my lawyer.

Cu
    Robse

4. Julian Ringel

Julian Ringel NI Product Owner

Hello,

The KOMPAKT OSX version is in the beta test and is running stable so far. We will do our very best to put it out soon.

The program has in no way been abandoned - I am sorry to hear that you believe so, but be assured that this is not the case.

Please accept my apology for the KOMPAKT OSX delay.

Best,
    Julian

5. swpspce

swpspce NI Product Owner

how soon is soon?

As I just asked - how soon is soon?

As I have noted, some people have been waiting for 6 months and NI said soon back then too...

just my 2 cents....

6. elly

elly New Member

Here's an obvious suggestion. Why doesn't NI simply "give" each of us who were duped by the Kompakt OSX scam a free update to Kontakt OSX. This won't cost NI as much as an increasingly damaged reputation in the market place will in the long run. Download,by mail who cares...just get us a product that works as promised.

7. Briguy

Briguy NI Product Owner

Guys this problem is also with the Dxi format, crash crash crash!. I've emailed them 3 times and no proper response.

8. Julian Ringel

Hello,

We will publish the update as soon as possible.

Please take into consideration, that software development is a complex issues. There are any factors involved we cannot forecast. This includes internal factor, but also external factors, like technology advances we have to take into consideration. Please also bear in mind that we are always pushing the limits of what is possible. All this makes it very hard to come up with precise dates.

I assure you all that the KOMPAKT OS X update will be released as soon as we can, that the product will definitely be further supported, and that we in no way intended to mislead you. Most of all thanks for the patience.

Best,
    Julian

9. Robse

Robse NI Product Owner

Hi Julian,

sorry i don't want to bitch you personally - I know you're only doing your job - but you know what "WischiWaschi" is? Yes in germany we say that if somebody says something although he has nothing to say.

patience - i think we OS X users had much patience with NI. It`s not only Kompakt - same thing is/has happening/happend with Absynth 2, Reaktor, Battery and so on .... you can`t expect from users who have to fight with and wait many month (in case of Kompakt we are talking about 6 month!!) this updates any more patience - give them all but don`t tell them anymore to have patience - that`s exactly that what they dont`t have because of the big promises NI made in the past.

as soon as possible - can be everything. Next week, next year, nex decay. It`s nothing against you personally please understand - but with such a message I have nothing and can buy nothing for it.

Cu
    Robse

10. cocoloco

cocoloco New Member

I totally agreed with American Psycho .
    Escuse me , julian , but u 're post is the same every time . soon : how long it represent ?
    I think it's demagogy . Ni treats us like sheeps...

11. Julian Ringel

Hello Cocoloco,

I am not a demagoge.

Julian

12. Patrice Deceuninck

Patrice Deceuninck NI Product Owner

Hi Julian !

Believe me, I do understand completly your situation. You will release an AU update ASAP, when it will be bug free etc... I also know that OS change every three months etc...

But what would you do if you were in our shoes? Just be patient? I think you'd be upset as we're all.

Once again I've bought EWQLSO and a G5 cause I thought I would have the "best of both worlds"... It was two months ago. Two months !!! Believe me, but I'm sure you know that, it's a long long time when people are waiting for your music and you must answer them "Please be patient". My PC is just too old to run such a powerful library and My AO library is just... fine. That's why I've bought a G5, of course. And now, once again, I must be patient...

Seems like I have a sport car and I don't have the keys... :-(

To tell you the truth, If I had known it would be such a problem to have an AU update for Kompakt, I would have bought VSL or SAM and SISS and LOP, even if EWQLSO is a great library, cause I love my EXS24 and it is solid as rock.

Now I hope Kompakt and DFD will be as efficient as EXS24. I keep my fingers crossed and, all right, I'll be patient. Get no choice anyway...

By the way, I think Elly's idea is a good one. A free Kontakt upgrade would be greatly appreciated. We'll see if you want to keep your customers...

Kind regards,

Patrice Deceuninck

13. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

I think it is unreasonable for users to be complaining as if they have been wronged and demanding free upgrades to a high-end program. Anyone who is buying products like these should know that this technology is evolving so quickly that there is no way to anticipate every factor and I don't know of one software company that hasn't run into problems in this new OS X world.

When you bought Kompakt, of course you saw the "free update to OS X" sticker, but you should have known that TODAY it was OS 9 only. If you did your research, you would have seen that NI projected a November 2003 release for Kompakt for OS X but that "all dates were subject to change" precisely because of things like this. It is no use blaming a company who has already told you it's working as hard as it can, but who cannot make YOUR deadlines. Users should buy the hardware and software they need TODAY, not the software they plan to use in a few months. The industry moves and changes too fast for that.

I know some of you are angry over this. In my opinion, you have a right to be disappointed, and anxious (I am!), but I would ask that some respect be shown to Julian who is at least doing you the courtesy of letting you know that NI hasn't forgotten Kompakt, doesn't intend to abandon it, and that Kompakt is in beta-testing and is coming along well. That means it's very close to release, and that also means he's taking valuable time away from his programming in order to try to be helpful on the forum. I would rather not force him to be the forum every day to reassure users -- I'd rather him spend his time working on Kompakt!

So I would ask that we remember common courtesy, because he is working on an immensely complicated program that, like any other program, is undergoing a major transition. Let him do his job, and I'm sure we will see Kompakt very soon.

14. Patrice Deceuninck

Patrice Deceuninck NI Product Owner

Hi David !

When I read your post it makes me feel I'm a bad guy... I'm sorry but I'm not. I'm a very reasonable and very polite person. To ask a free upgrade for Kontakt is not unreasonable, it's only "business", kind of compensation if you prefer. As people say "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"... And I haven't been disrespectful to Julian. I've only stated facts.

You said "Users should buy the hardware and software they need TODAY, not the software they plan to use in a few months".

That's exactly what I do. I'm quite sure NI, at the very beginning, planned a release for OSX in october, not november. Ask around you and you'll see. That's why I was sure EWQLSO would run on a G5 in october. And that's why I've ordered EWQLSO at the end of september and the G5 a few days later. I'm totally a newbie in the world of the apple and I've ordered the dual cause I've followed Doug Rogers's advice. I still think it was a good piece of advice :)

The fact is I need EWQLSO today and the AU update is my only solution. I don't have a G4 and I don't have OS9.

I have the feeling to loose my time and I hate that.

Anyway, once again, I'll be patient.

Kind regards,

Patrice

15. gwbush

gwbush NI Product Owner

I think that asking for a free update to a much more expensive program is a little excessive. I am in the same boat as all of you and am waiting for the Kompakt udate as well but in no way do I feel like I am entitled to something more than I paed for. I am dissappointed that we don't have the update yet and I wish we did but the fact is that we all could have checked on the website prior to buying it to know about the availability of the update. It is clear within minutes of looking through the forums that NI has missed many deadlines in the past and present so to say that we were duped is a little naive. We knew what we were getting into so let's just wait and see.

Please don't pick on ddas or Julian they seem to be the only people in here who actually offer help and useful/accurate information.

Let's just agree to keep the bitching to minimum and hope for a merry/musical Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.