Kontrol S4 Activation Issue! serial key not working

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by AustinMC, Jul 7, 2011.

1. AustinMC

AustinMC New Member

Hey, just recently bought the kontrol s4 and installed everything as instructed through the manual but when it came to activating the serial key did not work , i used the number on the back of the s4 cd wallet and everything but it still says does not recognise/ wrong number etc..

I have traktor pro 2 (from traktor Scratch Pro 2 package) , bought it previously to buying the kontrol s4 and have tp2 already activated etc

The s4 is working with tp2 fine, but am i missing out on stuff if i do not activate the s4?
    updates and such?

Thanks in advance, hope its the information you need to solve my dilemma

Cheers :)

2. heltino

heltino NI Product Owner

you like to activate (register) the S4 hardware?
    in that case you need the serial number of the S4 and not the serial of the software.
    you can find it on the bottom of the unit

3. AustinMC

AustinMC New Member

yes i just want to register the hardware (kontrol S4)
    i've already registered and activated the software (TP2) previously.

the serial on the bottom of the unit has letters as well as numbers and the service center will not let me enter letters (only numbers) in the kontrol s4 activation part :(

4. Oakley2702

Oakley2702 Forum Member

I'm having the exact same problem as this.

Got Traktor S4 delivered today, can't install as it says the serial number is wrong!

Please advise a solution!

5. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Install the demo of TP2 and activate it using your serial key you got. The wrong software is in some of the boxes.

6. Count Zero

You don't need to register the hardware. You already have TP2 so you don't need anything else.

7. Oakley2702

Oakley2702 Forum Member

Thanks, this worked fine for me.

Only thing I'm noticing now (and sorry to hijack the original thread) is that I'm going through the pdf manual and it's asking for sample tracks that aren't there.

The manual is asking to load in sample track 'House 1' but I only have 'TechHouse1 & 2'.

Does this mean that i'm also missing the stock samples that should be there?

8. AustinMC

AustinMC New Member

Awesome thanks, this is good to know.
    So all significant updates go through the tp2 software, instead of the s4 hardware?

9. rinkrat

rinkrat New Member

I had the same problem. The disk in my new S4 was the old software so I got an error on entering. I went and download the demo version of TP2 and it worked.

I wish they would take more care and not have something like this for someone who just is setting up the software. At first I couldn't do anything because I had IE9 on my computer and it's not compatible with the activation software.

10. tutomath

tutomath New Member

i jus bought the s4 having the same problem even after downloading the demo version i keep getting a 1021 error very fustrating....
    [​IMG]

11. Count Zero

Please log a call with registration support.