1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Kontrol X1 Cases Have Been Shipped.

Discussion in 'KONTROL X1' started by Karlos Santos, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bommetje9

bommetje9 New Member

Overhere in Holland, NOWHERE to be found, Thomann.de doesn have them, so i simply DONT understand Native Instrument's statement that the cases are available again, because if so, why can't we buy them in the NI shop...

NI get your stuff right!

2. fella

fella NI Product Owner

@bommetje

I waited more than 3 months for the controller and bag, it's not only here in Holland, but everywhere.(backorder dutch online shop)
    Finnaly got them today.
    How long are you waiting?

3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

NI (or rather I) didnt state that they were in the NI shop.
    They were shipped to stores/retailers that had pre-orders to fill.

I imagine that most of what was shipped was already reserved by pre-orders.

I would imagine that now the new bags have been manufactured and shipped that further consignments will soon follow.
    This is my 'opinion' not fact.

Believe me i am on this constantly and NI are tying hard to meet orders.

I cant speak for Dutch stores but UK stores seem to have stock.

Karlos

4. bommetje9

bommetje9 New Member

Hi karlos, there is a misunderstanding :)

did not say that they where available in NI shop, but only wondering why they weren't for sale in the shop.

anyway,the delivery of both the X1 controller as well as the bag are.. uhh... disappointing? ;-)

5. Karlos Santos

I know man its frustrating. I do understand why you guys are getting annoyed.

I genuinely hope that the worst is over and that production and shipping will increase.

Ill ask about NI shop availability.

6. bommetje9

bommetje9 New Member

Well as I am fully aware of the fact that there are production/transport/delivery problems with any product all over the world, but the total lack of information from NI is annoying me.

glad to have people like Karlos who keeps us posted..

7. djshylock

djshylock New Member

8. electrogrimey

electrogrimey Forum Member

Has anyone received one from Thomann? And if so when did you order? They told me in an email I was high on the list, so maybe they haven't gotten the shipment yet...

9. Frace

Frace Forum Member

i ordered it in february at thoman and got it a few daqys ago

10. myrobotlove

myrobotlove Forum Member

so, what of those of us who payed full price for the first bag? can we get it replaced with the new model? (which is very different/better designed going by the above images and what people are saying)

mine (first design) in particular came with a nasty bend in the top case that wont come out and i feel like im going to rip the fabric every time i jam in or pry out the controller. :/

11. Karlos Santos

I have 2 of the original bags and im more than happy with them.

There wont be any replacing of bags as there was nothing wrong with the original bag.

If you received a faulty bag due to shipping damage or whatever you should have sent it back.

Im gonna put this idea to bed immediately . The idea of some kind of bag swap is not gonna happen.

The new bag isnt any better than the old, in fact i prefer the old.

12. myrobotlove

myrobotlove Forum Member

I wasnt sure if they had deemed the original bag faulty or not, hence my question. I havent exactly been keeping up on the bag news, my apologies.

13. Mike Iova

Mike Iova NI Product Owner

Any news with the shop availability, Karlos?

I think the best way to sell the bag in the online shop is as a pack with the X1, because the delivery fees are lower as if the bags were sold separately.

14. Karlos Santos

No worries mate. No faulty bags ever got shipped. They just changed the design. Dunno why. I like mine.

Havent heard a thing :|

15. mcgrory73

mcgrory73 Forum Member

My back arrived today, only three months after ordering it ;)

If I prefer the old bag to the one I've received, can I swap it? :lol:

In fact, I prefer Torq to Traktor now, will NI arrange a swap for me please? :D

16. Adrian Luvdup

Adrian Luvdup New Member

Ordered 2 bags in error! One to sell

Anyone want a brand new Kontrol X1 Bag at cost? I ordered 2 in error (one was a back-order from weeks and weeks ago).
    Not sure if this post should be here as the thread is about the bags or on the Bu=y and Sell thread?

PM me if you want one - could post out immediately.

17. hewan

hewan Forum Member

If only Thomann could get a new shipment of bags and could finish my order, my X1 have been stuck for ages now :(

Thinking about getting another from another retailer, was planning on getting two anyway... Damn I want my X1 :~(

18. RockyD

RockyD NI Product Owner

I noticed the availability change on Decks' website saying it was now in stock so placed an order at the weekend.
    Spoke to them today and it turns out they don't have stock of the bag after all.
    Checking their website it the X1 and bag price had dropped by £3 since Saturday, which as they've not yet shipped they've kindly honoured for me.
    They offered to ship the X1 and part ship the bag but I'm not in a rush.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to a retailer, but here's the page if I am:
    http://www.decks.co.uk/products/native_instruments/Traktor_Kontrol_X1

19. Mike Iova

Mike Iova NI Product Owner

The Kontrol X1 Bag is now availabla on the online shop!
    Yeeey!

20. empolo

empolo NI Product Owner

That's a matter of opinion - yours (nothing wrong with that, of course).

I have one of the cases from the first run and it is indeed a tight fit.

If, as someone else has stated, the X1 is no longer an ultra tight fit in the newer design then it is, in my opinion, better. Also consider the fact that zippers do sometimes break.

Personally, I feel slightly ripped off but the bag is functional so whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.