1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Kontrol X1 Midi Mode

Discussion in 'KONTROL X1' started by Shaky, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaky

Shaky Forum Member

Hi there,

I am looking to map my KX1 in midi mode so that it can also control decks C & D and I read somewhere that the hot-cues won't work in midi mode.

Is this true and if so is there a workaround as such so that midi mode can be a mirror image of native mode so that I can control decks C & D ?

If not I might have to consider getting a second KX1 for this purpose.

Many thanks in advance.

Shaky

2. electrogrimey

electrogrimey Forum Member

It can be done with modifiers. It won't work like you said, switch into midi mode, and then press the hotcue button to use hotcues, but you can easily enough set modifiers so that when you're in midi mode, you press a button and the bottom half changes to control hotcues for C&D.

There are loads of mappings around for 4 deck X1s, check the .tsi thread.

3. shmhfd

shmhfd New Member

hy , i was wondering if you could help me to map the midi mode on the traktor kontrol x1 , a want to map crossfade or eq high kill , thank you .

4. Frace

Frace Forum Member

preferences>controller manager
    device:generic midi

set the x1 into midi mode

add in > mixer > x-fader

click learn, turn the knob you want

5. Shaky

Shaky Forum Member

Thanks for the reply electrogrimey.

I'll have a look at other .tsi's that there are around as a starting point as I haven't had much luck with modifiers so far (Can get my head round them but they don't seem to work as I was mapping a friends Numark Total Control and it was a right pain in the ass). I'm sure there must be a .tsi that covers all the bases.

6. shmhfd

shmhfd New Member

thank you frace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.