Kontrol X1 Sample Decks And Effects

Discussion in 'KONTROL X1' started by gremlin1223, Sep 1, 2011.

1. gremlin1223

gremlin1223 New Member

how do i get my x1 so i can use it for my effects up top(orange buttons) and my sample decks down bottom(blue buttons)

help lol

2. lex4i

lex4i New Member

Yeah, sorry to pile on, and I am reading the manual while typing this, but I got a replacement X1 and the new one (with default mapping) no longer controls the effects on either deck (TP2 Pro, latest), OSX Lion, even with all the FX switches toggled to on. I see nothing in the settings indicating how to instruct the X1 to control the effects units. I am duh. Help. :(

PS - I should add that the FX Assign indicators in the mixer strips do NOT light up when I select FX1 or FX 2 on either deck on the X1, although the lights on the X1 for these DO light up.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  3. Hetchbend

Hetchbend NI Product Owner

you can map it for yourself.

traktorbible gives really good inspiration.
    www.traktorbible.com has many user mappings for the X1

4. lex4i

lex4i New Member

While I appreciate that I can do my own mappings, the problem I have is that the FX on buttons are greyed out - I can't even turn them on with a mouse click, even though the X1 is attached and otherwise controls TP2 perfectly. Unfortunately, I mostly use it for effects, which kinda defeats the purpose. What am I missing here?

5. padi_04

padi_04 NI Product Owner

you have your fx configured as send, change that in the effect menu inside the preferences

6. lex4i

lex4i New Member

Yes THANKS padi_04 that is exactly the problem! Thanks - now working! :D :D

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  7. padi_04

padi_04 NI Product Owner