1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Kontrol Z2 - No sound from mixer when first turned on - help!

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by djdran, Sep 27, 2013.

1. djdran

djdran New Member

Kontrol Z2 - No sound from mixer when first turned on.

I've only used the Kontrol Z2 as a Stand-alone mixer (direct mode). Ive noticed that often when i first boot up my mixer is no sound coming from the mixer. There is no volume showing on the volume level indicators. Also when this happends, sometimes there is a HISS coming from the mixer in my headphones.

I know the connections are correct, because if i turn off the mixer and then turn it back on multiple times until eventually sound finally appears on the volume level indicators.

Is there a resolution for this? why do i have to turn off/turn on the mixer multiple times for it to finally work? do i have a defective unit?

Note: I've updated the mixer to the latest firmware.

2. Jonny Cobra

Jonny Cobra New Member

I know this is an old one, but I've been having the exact same issue with my Z2 since shortly after purchase 6 months ago. I tried contacting support, but dude was trying to run me through software updates even though I insisted it was occurring with use as a straight mixer. Firmware is up to date as well.

Any luck or resolution here?

3. NC PREEDY

NC PREEDY New Member

I'm having the same problem ! When I first turn it on there is no audio signal, and when I'm trying to connect it to Mac I have to keep turning it off and on multiple time before the USB light turns on the say its connected !!!

4. Dj LastiK

Dj LastiK New Member

Same problem guys ! No answer from NI support...

5. Jonny Cobra

Jonny Cobra New Member

Really frustrating. I'm nervous that one of these times it's not going to work at all. I'm going to try their phone support again and reference this thread. I will follow up with any updates.

6. Dj LastiK

Dj LastiK New Member

Hi guys, NI fixe that by replacement of the motherboard inside.

7. Mattia Voci

Mattia Voci NI Product Owner

I have the same problem.. How did you solve it?
    Video of the problem: