1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

New Kontrol Z2 unresponsive after a few seconds

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CilentCipha, Oct 8, 2019.

1. CilentCipha

CilentCipha NI Product Owner

With the update to catalina the z2 freezes a few seconds after playback in traktor. also the f1 which is connected through the z2s usb hub is not responsive anymore. USB connection is still valid (it shows up in system audio).

2. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

3. CilentCipha

CilentCipha NI Product Owner

You'd better check the forum before posting the link my friend :)

4. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

I did. You posted about a hardware issue, which is unrelated to the Traktor beta. NI is also still testing their hardware with Catalina, that's why you should wait to update.

5. Tijn71

Tijn71 NI Product Owner

Important Note: 10.15 Catalina will terminate the operability of NI legacy hardware as described in this article.

6. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team Staff Member NI Team

It's totally fine to post issues with Traktor hardware related to Catalina. We will see if we can reproduce the issue here. Thank you for your report.

7. Soulmotion_Dj

Soulmotion_Dj New Member

Yes, same here, my mistake to update but same issue occurs: kontrol z2 freezes, strange thing is audio is still running with dvs performance, so can control the audio with my dvs turntable, looks like kontrol z2 will need some serious driver updates

8. Soulmotion_Dj

Soulmotion_Dj New Member

Did a clean install of Catalina and 3.3.0.45, still only 5 seconds of perfect working Z2, after 5 seconds the Kontrol Z2 freezes.

if there is some beta testing to do with new drivers/software please count me in!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019 at 8:53 PM